Rhode Island NG 19th SFG 18x Contract

Deadpker

Unverified
Hello,

I am non-prior service, currently civilian, 4 year degree living in NJ, I work for an investment bank in NYC.

I am not going to ask the specifics of an 18x contract, as I believe I mainly understand it, but I am seeking clarification on something I was told by the RI National Guard.

I was told that if I sign an 18x contract and I fail out of the pipeline due to injury or just failing, I will be reclassed to an 11B and they will send me back through the pipeline when I am able to go back.

I know sometimes recruiters can give dicey information, but can anyone give me info on if this is correct? Their rational was that they want me to succeed in the pipeline as they actively need people for the team in RI, so it's in their best interest as well.

I understand the guarantee to go back through the pipeline could never be in my contract, but I figured I would gauge the opinions of the people on this lovely site.

Thanks!

I understand the guarantee to go back through the pipeline could never be in my contract,
The only relevant advice I can offer you in this thread, is that No matter what anyone tells you, anyone…if it is not written out in your contract, you should in no way believe it to be true.

In fact at MEPS, they will even ask you if anyone has promised you something that is not in your contract.

The only relevant advice I can offer you in this thread, is that No matter what anyone tells you, anyone…if it is not written out in your contract, you should in no way believe it to be true.

In fact at MEPS, they will even ask you if anyone has promised you something that is not in your contract.
Understood. I am just trying to gauge if any current National Guard SF know if this is true. I have heard it heavily depends on the state.

I was told that if I sign an 18x contract and I fail out of the pipeline due to injury or just failing, I will be reclassed to an 11B and they will send me back through the pipeline when I am able to go back.

Could you clarify this, because the "pipeline" usually refers from to everything from OSUT to Completion of training.

I've known guys from the SWTD who went back after getting hurt during the Q course, and a few who got hurt/Non-Select during SFAS, but that's a bit different than being a 18X.

If you aren't sure, it may be a question to ask the recruiter, IE "If I fail out of SFAS do I get to go back, or only if I'm in the Q?"

Depends on what the NG Liasion at Bragg say about the specifics on how you were dropped (injury or failing) and whether or not the Company SGM for A/2/19th supports the decision of his Training Det NCOIC.

You would probably stand chance of getting sent to C co 143rd if you don’t get selected. Seems to have become a norm as I was on my way out of there.

Back