Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole

Unverified
Hello, I was just wondering if the fact that I hunt with a tactical version of a Remington Model 700 in .308 Winchester with a bipod will help me feel more comfortable shooting a M40A5 rifle as a Scout Sniper?

Don't put the cart before the horse, relax and enjoy your youth.

Guys that have hunted all their lives usually do make better shooters than guys who've never hunted...but the art of Marine Rifle Marksmanship--which is the first thing you'll have to master before you'll even be considered for scout-sniper training-- is a unique discipline in and of itself. The Marine Corps (or the Army, if that's where your headed) will reinvent your skills their way.

A lot of the best shots ive ever seen were from guys that never handled a weapon before boot camp, the reason, because they didnt already have preconvived ideas about shooting and the bad habits most of us have.
They were taught properly right from the start with no bad habits.

Probably the reason im a good shot and not a great shot.

Granted that 7point62 has a very viable point, but, and this may be a bit of a dumb question, for those that have handled a rifle before joining up, which would be suggested for better insight and a bit more experience in shooting, hunting, or just bog standard range shooting?

Granted that 7point62 has a very viable point, but, and this may be a bit of a dumb question, for those that have handled a rifle before joining up, which would be suggested for better insight and a bit more experience in shooting, hunting, or just bog standard range shooting?

Range.
Join a shooting club if you can.

Shooting makes up about 1% of Hunting.

My grandfather taught me how to shoot by filing the sights off of a Daisy BB gun, and making me shoot at a tatget stuck in the bark of a tree. I know.....old redneck story.....but 40 years later, I can still hit what I aim at. I killed my first deer in 6th grade - long before I joined the Army. The Army has taught me several things - how to shoot isn't one of them.

What I meant was would the feel of the rifle be the same, I know that body armor, a rucksack, and a ghille suit would make shooting a lot harder. And I don't use this rifle for hunting I use it for long-range shooting. And I am not saying that just because I hunt I might be a great sniper, I know that you have to be mentally prepared to see a human in your scope and decide whether or not to end his life, so SOWT stop putting me down I am having a lot of problems deciding whether or not to join the USMC and you're not helping!

Mine is about 12 pounds loaded and with a scope, I think a M40A5 is about 14 pounds total weight, maybe 16.

I know that you have to be mentally prepared to see a human in your scope and decide whether or not to end his life, so SOWT stop putting me down I am having a lot of problems deciding whether or not to join the USMC and you're not helping!

1. You need to check yourself and your attitude, especially towards someone like SOWT.
2. What do you know about shooting a person?
3. Can't decide on whether to join the Corps or not? That is some serious commitment towards becoming a Marine, much less a Scout Sniper.

Sorry, I just get angry when people talk to me like that and treat me like I am some dumb kid, and I wasn't saying that I know what it's like to shoot a person, right now im not prepared for it and I know it. And about joining the Corps I meant that just telling my parents that I am thinking of joining is hard. My grandfather was in the Corps in Korea and I he almost gave his life to preserve other people's freedom, and I want to repay him by doing the same and enlisting.

Sorry, I just get angry when people talk to me like that and treat me like I am some dumb kid, and I wasn't saying that I know what it's like to shoot a person, right now im not prepared for it and I know it. And about joining the Corps I meant that just telling my parents that I am thinking of joining is hard. My grandfather was in the Corps in Korea and I he almost gave his life to preserve other people's freedom, and I want to repay him by doing the same and enlisting.

YOU ARE A KID! Take a breath regroup and think about what advice you have been gracefully been afforded.

You little prick!

Shut your fucking cockholster you little bitch!

That is exactly how your drill Sgt will speak to you and SOWT is far above them.

Get it?

Who The Fuck do you think you are?!

You are nothing!

What right do you have to demand or set conditions on being on this board?

I fucking hate your generation of assholes that think they can do what they want and never face the consequences of their actions.

When I grew up if I fucked up I got punched in the face, big boys rules!

One more transgression boy and you will never see this board again.

You understand me?

You have a choice here, a grown ups choice, lets see what you do with it!

>:{

I'll take "Threads That Are Locked for $400, Alex."

"This thread saw sniper advice dispensed, ignored, dispensed again, and then a dogpile."

(BEEP!)

"Go ahead, Freefalling."

"What is, 'Rifle' Alex?"

"Rifle it is for $400!"

"I'll take Sounds Like Vomit for $200, Alex."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back