Russia looking for a prisoner swap…

Eh, if you follow women's basketball she's been one of the highest profile players for awhile. For a variety of reasons.
To quote my favorite sports announcer, Harry Doyle, "“In case you haven’t noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven’t..."

Let's be honest, it's the WNBA. The audience is incredibly small and most don't follow it. "High profile" in an event/activity no one pays acttention to is not particularly meaningful.

Your sarcasm filter seems to have clogged over the years…
LOL - what’s funny about that is that I had started that message yesterday and was going to add some ‘witty’ comments to it and forgot about it. It was sitting in ‘draft’ and I must have sent by mistake!

ETA - now I see what happened. It was still ‘there’ when I quoted Mara and I didn’t notice.

Fail for situational awareness.

Relief for not having anything ‘too damning’ in draft that I would have to regret later!

Viewership of a typical WNBA game is 350,000 +-. For the NBA, 15.1 million. High profile is a relative term.
The WNBA has never turned a profit in 26 years. For all intents and purposes, the WNBA is a welfare program for very tall minority women who aren't anywhere as good as their male counterparts at basketball, or they'd just play in the NBA.

The WNBA has never turned a profit in 26 years. For all intents and purposes, the WNBA is a welfare program for very tall minority women who aren't anywhere as good as their male counterparts at basketball, or they'd just play in the NBA.

I swear, you and I share the same inner thoughts that come out during anger. Did we just become friends, cause I feel incredibly connected to you in a soulful and emotional way...

Viewership of a typical WNBA game is 350,000 +-. For the NBA, 15.1 million. High profile is a relative term.

Let's just be honest. Women's sports will never have the same notoriety or salary level as men's sports except for Women's Tennis. (but even then sponsorship money is massively different)

It's time for global society to understand this.

Let's just be honest. Women's sports will never have the same notoriety or salary level as men's sports except for Women's Tennis. (but even then sponsorship money is massively different)

It's time for global society to understand this.

Fuckers don't care. Stop being racist, phobic, and any ism the woke will accuse you of! ;)

I swear, you and I share the same inner thoughts that come out during anger. Did we just become friends, cause I feel incredibly connected to you in a soulful and emotional way...

Step Brothers Ryan GIF

And this one, just because it's probably one of the greatest movies of all time!
step brothers GIF

According to Facebook, the above meme violates community standards on "dangerous individuals and organizations." What is that policy, you might ask?

View attachment 41104

"Symbols, praise, or support." Is there any of that in the above meme? No. No the fuck there isn't. It's suppression of political content that FaceBook doesn't like. Pure and simple.

What recourse do I have? None.

FaceBook has never cared when we satirize or criticize the political right, which we do in fact do. Only when we poke the left that shit like this happens.

Can't wait for someone to do to FaceBook what Musk is doing to Twitter.
It's almost like this sort of thing only happens one way. And it's almost like this sort of thing permeates every single aspect of our society- from medicine to social media, to education, to politics, to the military.

I'll say this plainly. The game is up. To quote the Gulag Archipelago-

We know they're lying. They know they're lying. They know we know they're lying. We know they know they're lying. And still- they lie.

Something I'm interested in is the Saudi angle. My original understanding is that this was kind of a three-way package deal... US drops the Kashoggi murder issue and gives up Viktor Bout, US gets Briner and steady gas prices. Is that the story here? The Saudi angle seemed to be settled in NOV and this release happened in DEC, so I guess they could be related but there is a pretty substantial time difference between the two. Is this accurate, or just another wild theory? Anyone able to break it down for me? And why would the two things be related (i.e. drop prosecution for oil, Bout for Griner) be connected, instead of two separate issues?

Here's the deal. Whelan is worth a lot more to Russia than Griner. He's a former Marine, holding a former service member is way more prestigious than some lesbian sports baller. They used her up and were able trade her for a whole lot. Think about that though, this trash administration places more value on some sports baller who took Russian blood money for years to play sports ball than a foreign Marine. Par for the course for Biden though, he was a part of trading valuable prisoners for a deserter.

Also, when is the hit being ordered ob Snowden.

Maybe we're being a bit too hard here. President Biden has helped bring home two Americans who were held against their wills overseas. Two Americans who will spend the holidays with their loved ones and that's what a country's leadership does, right? It looks after the interests of its citizens at home and abroad.

Just because one of those Americans' action led to the deaths of several other Americans and stopping an entire goddamn WAR for a week, what's that really mean, you know? The other American is a petty criminal, really a misdemeanor international drug trafficker, who works in a heavily subsidized welfare-esque industry. They have value as citizens, right? All it took was swapping them for 6 other people, all of whom have killed or helped kill hundreds if not thousands of Americans alone and millions directly or indirectly. That's a winning formula in any sport.

I admire the president for his resolve and dedication. The courage it must have taken to ignore the dead and their families to do the right thing and bring these two Americans home. That took guts and how many of us can say we would be as strong and brave as President Biden?

Back