S&W J-Frame

Especially in F'ville. My wife and I were in Waffle House by Wal Mart yesterday and all we had was her .380, I felt naked.
About a year ago, I was on my bike on the corner of Santa Fe and Bragg blvd at midnight. I observed 3 guys walking from the gas station pointing at me, talking to each other. The vibe was there that they were going to attempt to mug me. I noticed one of them pull a blade out and try to conceal it while they walked towards me. I dropped the kickstand, got off the bike and drew my pistol... Lets just say all 3 of them set a land speed record running back to the trailer park that is behind the gas station. The people in the car behind me hopped out of there car, and made sure I was OK, but were convinced I would have been dead if I didn't have my gun.

Reason number 5000 why I always carry

SBG sends.

About a year ago, I was on my bike on the corner of Santa Fe and Bragg blvd at midnight. I observed 3 guys walking from the gas station pointing at me, talking to each other. The vibe was there that they were going to attempt to mug me. I noticed one of them pull a blade out and try to conceal it while they walked towards me. I dropped the kickstand, got off the bike and drew my pistol... Lets just say all 3 of them set a land speed record running back to the trailer park that is behind the gas station. The people in the car behind me hopped out of there car, and made sure I was OK, but were convinced I would have been dead if I didn't have my gun.

Reason number 5000 why I always carry

SBG sends.

Nice work :thumbsup:

I completely agree about carrying all the time. If I'm off, I have a Government Model. If I'm off but out of town on business, I have my duty HK45. You just never know.

I guess I'm in the really really weird/prepared group.

FN FNP-45 Tac with 15+1 of .45 ACP on Right hip,usually I wear a T-shirt with a short sleeved unbuttoned over it.
CRKT knife in right pocket
2 additional mags on Left hip for a total load of 46 rounds of 45 ACP.

I also know and understand that I will probably never ever use this tool. (Lord willing, especially if I am with the family) but there have been times where I have got all the way out to the truck and thought, what if something goes down today? And I go back inside and strap up.

I dont know, I just dont think I would be able to live with myself if I decided not to carry the day someone hurt my wife or kids.....

My .02

p.s. for really hot days, I have a SIG P-250 DAO in 40 to carry then

So I was in the gun store today with a 442 and G26 in front of me and my G19 on my hip. I held them both, messed with them a bit- then walked out with nothing but my G19.

I think I've been "defense contracting" lately and trying to convince myself that I have a capability gap that doesn't really exist.

I'm happy with my G19.

For what it's worth, I think you made the right call. The G19 is a fine defensive handgun.

For what it's worth, I think you made the right call. The G19 is a fine defensive handgun.

If I didn't already have a 17, I would have gone this route. As much as I love my 17 (gen 2 bought in 1989 that still works like a champ, especially after being rebuilt for free in Smyrna) & 26s, I think the 19 by itself is a much more versatile handgun.

Just knowing me and being in my presence is luck enough... :D

Because a) you never know when bad shit will happen and 2) a gun without a round in the chamber is called a club. :hmm:
[/quote]

Exactly.

My money is on a soft suede IWB holster combined with trousers made of light fabric that allowed her to unknowingly get enough purchase on the trigger to make it go bang.

To add my 2c, no matter what the only things that matter are your defensive pistol/revolver has to be: one you shoot well, one that just feels right and one that conceals easily. Its the conceals easy part that can be the most difficult. That brings up method of concealment issues as well: outside the waistband, inside the waistband, ankle, small of the back (dont like this one) or shoulder holster. Its up to you and what works.

All pistols and revolvers work. Revolvers have been doing the job for years and are not out of the picture yet! I have a .38 S&W J frame for a backup on my ankle and a G22 for duty. I dont worry about the capacity issue or ammunition differences. Each has its purpose. The benefit of a revolver is that you can make contact shots and not worry about weather you weapon goes out or back into battery. I find that I would rather carry a .38 than a .380, larger bullet and its not like there are hi-cap .380's (concealable) out there so your not loosing too much (I know that with a small revolver your limited to 5 - 6 rounds, unless your going with a .22 then your up to 10+)

If you cant find a reason to switch out of your G19 then dont do it! You will never replicate that feeling of what your used to and will always go back to that one that you loved......

Exactly.

My money is on a soft suede IWB holster combined with trousers made of light fabric that allowed her to unknowingly get enough purchase on the trigger to make it go bang.[/quote]
Did they ever come out with what type of holster he was using? For a while, some co workers were real big on trying to push those ghostbelt type holsters. I prefer an IWB or ankle for OD use. As far as OP? Can never argue with an old school model 60 as a bug. I did recently purchase a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace. Nice pocket gun or BUG but not as a primary. /2cents

The benefit of a revolver is that you can make contact shots and not worry about weather you weapon goes out or back into battery.
If you make a contact shot with good forward pressure and a super sonic round (9mm+p) you'd lose your gun up to the grip inside of the dude. You'd have to get your gun back out before you clear the malfunction.

Super sonic rounds + contact shot = BIG HOLE!!!

The little j-frames are really nice. With the advancement of composites most all will handle the +P loads. IMO the .38 is an under rated round. It is definitely the way to go when toting heat.

Back