S&W J-Frame

Etype

Special Forces
Verified SOF
I'm thinking about picking one up for concealed carry, anybody on here have experience carrying one? There's a lot of stuff on the internet about them, but I usually don't go with the opinion of career writers. I'm pretty set on a 642, but am also considering maybe getting a Keltec .380.

My biggest criteria is comfort. I currently carry a G19, but it's a big to carry under a t-shirt and there's got to be something more comfortable for all day wear. Since it's not super comfortable and convenient, I don't carry it all the time. I figure if I don't have it with me, it's useless- a .22 that you have in your pocket is infinitely more valuable than a .44 mag sitting at home. I'm a realist and I'm not worried about having 10mm or .357 sig ballistics for something I'm most likely never going to use.

I carried a S&W Chief's Special on my ankle as a BUG for years until I replaced it with a Glock 27. Absolutely fantastic gun for the purpose. It was light, sufficiently accurate, and easy to conceal. The 642 is a neat little revolver, particularly the 642 CT with factory Crimson Trace grips.

I have a Taurus 85 that hasn't been out of the box in years. Glock 26/27 IMO is as easy to carry, easier to shoot, carries more rounds, and is easier to reload. I conceal all the time under a t-shirt and AFAIK have never been noticed.

I have a Taurus 85 that hasn't been out of the box in years. Glock 26/27 IMO is as easy to carry, easier to shoot, carries more rounds, and is easier to reload. I conceal all the time under a t-shirt and AFAIK have never been noticed.

You've just listed all the reasons I switched.

Damn, you guys are ready for a super wild crazy shootout. I'd say I have a gun about 10% of the time, and a knife about 20%.

The rest of the time, it's just me and my hands- so if I got attacked by anything more than about 10 dudes, I'd be in trouble.

Damn, you guys are ready for a super wild crazy shootout. I'd say I have a gun about 10% of the time, and a knife about 20%.

The rest of the time, it's just me and my hands- so if I got attacked by anything more than about 10 dudes, I'd be in trouble.

We can't all be Conan the Barbarian. :D

I noticed but I hugged you. :ROFLMAO:

Neat thing about a .357, is that can shoot .38 specials in them. You can reload and lighter loads work in a Wheel Gun where one would need to change springs in a Automatic. I carry a wheel gun. I am not against autos either, I will sometimes carry one of those.

Those S&W scandiums in .357 is really small and light. Not for plinking. Trouble too many good guns and different type of rounds out there. IMHO, the shooter is more important that what they carry.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the 442 or 642. I can get a pretty great deal if I move soon. Thanks folks.

I have a S&W 442 and a G27 for off duty carry/back up (I can carry the 27 on duty if I feel so inclined). I have no complaints about either even though I did get caught short a couple months back while off duty and carrying the 442.

So I was in the gun store today with a 442 and G26 in front of me and my G19 on my hip. I held them both, messed with them a bit- then walked out with nothing but my G19.

I think I've been "defense contracting" lately and trying to convince myself that I have a capability gap that doesn't really exist.

I'm happy with my G19.

Or a bull queer. I carry a knife 90%, gun 30%

I carry my G26 100% of the time, and have a knife 100% of the time.
Paranoid- Maybee
Prepared - Always
I'm on my motorcycle a lot, and without the standoff and security that windows and doors provide, I don't feel as though I am taking it too far.

SBG sends.

I carry my G26 100% of the time, and have a knife 100% of the time.
Paranoid- Maybee
Prepared - Always
I'm on my motorcycle a lot, and without the standoff and security that windows and doors provide, I don't feel as though I am taking it too far.

SBG sends.
Especially in F'ville. My wife and I were in Waffle House by Wal Mart yesterday and all we had was her .380, I felt naked.

Back