SAS troops to stop wearing skull badges

I think you underestimate the cultural significance of "anything America" in British culture. If the Yanks are wearing Punisher gear, than we should too.
Maybe our resident Brit shadowspearian can enlighten us? I know the Punisher comics were really big in Britain waaay before the GWOT and the Brits were probably rocking skulls before 'AS' as well.

As the armed forces seem to be now somewhat progressive, it would be great to have a recon unit adopt Dora the Explorer as their motif. Broadly speaking, any amphib or water ops guys can opt for Spongebob Squarepants. The My Little Broney mob from a while back were certainly ahead of the curve.

Sheesh....

I think the comparison between the Punisher skull and the SS Totenkoff are ridiculous. At the same time, I'm OK with restricting "flair" to anything not operationally required. This smacks of "hey look at me!" accessorizing, the kind that could lead to all kinds of unintended consequences down the road.

I think the comparison between the Punisher skull and the SS Totenkoff are ridiculous. At the same time, I'm OK with restricting "flair" to anything not operationally required. This smacks of "hey look at me!" accessorizing, the kind that could lead to all kinds of unintended consequences down the road.
Heaven forbid team patches get worn.
The folks bitching are not trigger pullers, then wonder why trigger pullers leave at the 8-12 year marks.

80336_secret_squirrel_patch_ocp_grande.jpeg

:-o :ROFLMAO:

As the armed forces seem to be now somewhat progressive, it would be great to have a recon unit adopt Dora the Explorer as their motif. Broadly speaking, any amphib or water ops guys can opt for Spongebob Squarepants. The My Little Broney mob from a while back were certainly ahead of the curve.

Sheesh....

Teletubbies mate...at least they're Brits.

British tabloids write a lot of stuff about the military/special forces and a lot of their sourcing is "jonny from the pub". You'll rarely see a quote from the MoD or a senior officer in articles like this.

Back