Saudi-Iran Conflict

You’re in a much better position than I, hence the question.

What about their S-300s? TOMBSTONE ain’t no joke although the IAF appears to be able to defeat it...better than the that IL-20 crew.

Modern Russian stuff is good, but they've also painted our a/c with their RF. I don't see our AF sitting around and ignoring the threat and a counter. -35 pilots walk around with a "Wild Weasel/ YGBSM" patch...I can't envision them without a means to defeat modern Russian SAMs.

I bust on the AF, but I refuse to believe it's threat model stops at SA-2's and/or SA-6's with radar guided AAA as a secondary layer. Syria isn't just about keeping Assad in power, the technical battle is immense and unheralded; Russian ELINT isn't half-assed.

O_o

საქართველი ხარ?

Tongues on the Cauc?

If the change is internal, the people will take care of the elite and their families. No hand wringing, just body stackin'. We can help create those conditions doing just what Mara said: kill off the government's ability to project power and that allows the common man a chance at success.

Our SEAD/DEAD campaign with -22's and -35's would obilterate their air defenses and that's before we talk about standoff capabilities in the B-52's, B-2's, and our Navy in the Arabian Gulf. The UAE has arguably the best F-16's flying and the Saudi F-15's aren't shabby. Qatar is trash and I wouldn't consider them as part of any strategy. 72 hours and Iran's air defenses are sooty craters and smears in the desert. Local AAA/ SAM's would get eaten alive by SDB's and our Air Force has a LOT of experience deploying those against ISIS.

If we stay off the ground, our exposure is minimal.

Even a limited, punitive strike at their nuke sites would solve a few issues. By that I mean using their belligerence as an excuse to wipe their nuclear ambitions out for decades. Then drop the mike and go home.

Seems a coincidence that this is released after Trump visits Britain. Building evidence against the Iranian's.

The biggest part of this story, that probably won't get much coverage is that it all went down during the Iran Deal. And kept quiet to protect the deal.

His identity was kept secret, as were the whole findings until now - possibly in an effort to keep the Iran nuclear deal of 2015 alive.

Hizbollah 'stockpiled tons of explosives on outskirts of London

Seems a coincidence that this is released after Trump visits Britain. Building evidence against the Iranian's.

The biggest part of this story, that probably won't get much coverage is that it all went down during the Iran Deal. And kept quiet to protect the deal.

Hizbollah 'stockpiled tons of explosives on outskirts of London
Whoop! One more notch of goodwill and understanding for the religion of peace, death cults gonna death cult. Sucks that so many of our politicians are willing to sell us out to appease these savages.

First the two ships off the UAE and now...another two ships, this time off the coast of Iran.

2 oil tankers damaged in suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman, crew evacuated

Two oil tankers were damaged in a suspected attack off the Gulf of Oman early Thursday, according to multiple reports.

The U.S. Navy's Bahrain-based Fifth Fleet told Reuters it was assisting two tankers in the Gulf of Oman after receiving two distress calls. Details of the incident were unclear, but one of the operators made an unconfirmed report that a torpedo had hit its ship, Reuters reported.

ETA: Geography matters...

Last edited:
First the two ships off the UAE and now...another two ships, this time off the coast of Iran.

2 oil tankers damaged in suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman, crew evacuated

ETA: Geography matters...

Not trolling but serious question: why do We care? It’s not our ships or our fracking oil.

Weekly Preliminary Crude Imports by Top 10 Countries of Origin (ranking based on 2017 Petroleum Supply Monthly data)

We should left the Saudis and Emiratis take ALL of Yemen and just ask Tehran how are things in Damascus and Beirut. Just send the tweet from POTUS account but in Hebrew.

Not trolling but serious question: why do We care? It’s not our ships or our fracking oil.

Weekly Preliminary Crude Imports by Top 10 Countries of Origin (ranking based on 2017 Petroleum Supply Monthly data)

We should left the Saudis and Emiratis take ALL of Yemen and just ask Tehran how are things in Damascus and Beirut. Just send the tweet from POTUS account but in Hebrew.

With our recent energy independence and our reliance on ME oil nearly eliminated, what is the USA's new primary national interest in the ME?

GWOT?
Israeli/Arab peace process?
Sunni/Shia proxy wars?

Side thought: Since we don't absolutely need Sunni stability/oil anymore, do we even need to pick a side in these proxy wars and arms deals? Or does our relationship with Israel dictate that we continue to push back Tehran and defacto side with the Sunnis?

With our recent energy independence and our reliance on ME oil nearly eliminated, what is the USA's new primary national interest in the ME?

GWOT?
Israeli/Arab peace process?
Sunni/Shia proxy wars?

Side thought: Since we don't absolutely need Sunni stability/oil anymore, do we even need to pick a side in these proxy wars and arms deals? Or does our relationship with Israel dictate that we continue to push back Tehran and defacto side with the Sunnis?

I’d argue it’s a FID thing, not GWOT, in the Gulf area but Iraq doesn’t want us there anymore. Let Iran & Russia have it. Jordanian chicks are hotter anyway. At least King Abdullah has chicken (ref to KFC in Amman)!

Somebody’s gotta buy all of NRAs guns!!!

Global economic implications, exisiting relationships with Gulf nations, plus the saber-rattling coming from Bolden. Stuff like this can suck us in whether we like it or not. That's probably what Iran wants, they are smart and have watched Putin's global line-stepping where the US is concerned.

The Saudis and UAE have slowly diverging ideas of what to do in Yemen. They can't handle Yemen so we know they can't do anything with Iran. If this keeps up we're getting sucked in like we were in the late 80's.

Global economic implications, exisiting relationships with Gulf nations, plus the saber-rattling coming from Bolden. Stuff like this can suck us in whether we like it or not. That's probably what Iran wants, they are smart and have watched Putin's global line-stepping where the US is concerned.

The Saudis and UAE have slowly diverging ideas of what to do in Yemen. They can't handle Yemen so we know they can't do anything with Iran. If this keeps up we're getting sucked in like we were in the late 80's.

I really hope we sit this one out.

So...what do we think guys??

I'm going to say it was Iran, not some random attack from jihadists trying to start another war. Oil prices barely budged, so there's that.

Back