Saudi-Iran Conflict

My Facebook feed is lit up with the best one yet: Bolton and Trump orchestrated a false flag operation to draw us into a war with Iran.

We bombed two tankers and the Iranians played into our hands by coming out to pick up the unexploded mine and attempting to shoot down an MQ-9?

I'm no fan of Trump's, but this is absurd.

I have said it some time ago here 'don't do Iran'...blech...fun fact: the Orange Man has not instigated war on a major scale, unlike a Clinton or a Bush, but (digression) his weaponising of economic tools is the boss. Mexico: a threat of tarriffs over immigration; preferential rules over trade with India cancelled; Chinese tarifffs increased (sukadik CCP) & an embargo on Iran...the USA has not fired a shot. BOOYAH!

Nothing but saber-rattling with regard to Iran. The same MO with NK a while back. But Trump is perceived by some of our adversaries, allies and a number of Liberals as maybe crazy enough to back up the big talk.

And I don't believe the Iranians are insane enough to provoke my fantasy excessive retaliatory strike package. Although it's fun to think about.

I think the real danger lurking in the shadows is behavior that triggers an overt and deliberate cyber attack. None of the real "players" want anything that remotely looks like a shooting war because everyone loses the minute primers start getting dented.
Launch a cyber attack that shuts down a major power grid or a communications hub if you really want to see some uncontrollable global destruction.

Use the interwebz to "Turn off" all the power in Tehran - even if it is only for a few hours. Global markets will go batshit crazy and people will start rioting in the streets. Think of the recent protests in Hong Kong but then inject a little bit of Stephanie Rawlings-Blake level "we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well" and see how it impacts the entire planet.

Turn off the power in Los Angles for just 45 minutes during rush hour - and try to convince me that 63 million clint0n voters wont march on DC with torches and pitchforks.
...they wont want retaliation brought on Iran or Russia or China - they will turn all of that hatred inward.

Just like the tankers are Trumps fault now - not surrendering to Iran's bully tactics are why those tankers were hit; the peace loving Iranians are just signaling OrangeManBad. Turn off the internet for 20 minutes so modern day america cant rant and rave about the President Trumps Tweets and every purple haired vagina hat wearing nut job in the US will be at the steps of city hall looking for blood. Not because a belligerent force attacked the USA but because OrangeManBad. THAT is the clear and present danger that I see from my foxhole.

Shooting wars aren't as much of a threat as they used to be - nobody wants to get into a shooting war because its just so damn messy. Now that Twitter has been weaponized the next "real" war will be fought in binary. Halting the the global Twitter Feed would be worse than crossing the streams on a Ghost-Busters proton-pack...
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Total protonic reversal.

I think the real danger lurking in the shadows is behavior that triggers an overt and deliberate cyber attack. None of the real "players" want anything that remotely looks like a shooting war because everyone loses the minute primers start getting dented.
Launch a cyber attack that shuts down a major power grid or a communications hub if you really want to see some uncontrollable global destruction.

Use the interwebz to "Turn off" all the power in Tehran - even if it is only for a few hours. Global markets will go batshit crazy and people will start rioting in the streets. Think of the recent protests in Hong Kong but then inject a little bit of Stephanie Rawlings-Blake level "we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well" and see how it impacts the entire planet.

Turn off the power in Los Angles for just 45 minutes during rush hour - and try to convince me that 63 million clint0n voters wont march on DC with torches and pitchforks.
...they wont want retaliation brought on Iran or Russia or China - they will turn all of that hatred inward.

Just like the tankers are Trumps fault now - not surrendering to Iran's bully tactics are why those tankers were hit; the peace loving Iranians are just signaling OrangeManBad. Turn off the internet for 20 minutes so modern day america cant rant and rave about the President Trumps Tweets and every purple haired vagina hat wearing nut job in the US will be at the steps of city hall looking for blood. Not because a belligerent force attacked the USA but because OrangeManBad. THAT is the clear and present danger that I see from my foxhole.

Shooting wars aren't as much of a threat as they used to be - nobody wants to get into a shooting war because its just so damn messy. Now that Twitter has been weaponized the next "real" war will be fought in binary. Halting the the global Twitter Feed would be worse than crossing the streams on a Ghost-Busters proton-pack...
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Total protonic reversal.

If there's a significant enough of a cyber attack, primers will be dented.

Yes indeed - if and when such a significant and successful cyber attack ever DOES happen - it is going to cause A LOT of dented primers...
The level of chaos caused by a "real" cyber attack will make it a monumental task to stop the denting of primers.

Yes indeed - if and when such a significant and successful cyber attack ever DOES happen - it is going to cause A LOT of dented primers...
The level of chaos caused by a "real" cyber attack will make it a monumental task to stop the denting of primers.

The Box is half full...at least we’d have an excuse to not send up the +20 slide CONOPs!!!

I get the feeling this isn't the Iranian government, as such, but rather one of the RG strands going a bit rogue.

I'm pretty sure the Israelis have already tried almost everything that was proposed here. Why not ask them ? :p

About single rogue RG faction. That sounds too novel-y. Really I don't think anything happens without Khamenei's knowledge or approval.

Back