I just could not let this pass. I waited because I was spending my own time as a hospital patient.

Let me begin with saying sorry... I actually had surgery yesterday to remove a Pilonidal Cyst (Out patient.) I think had a weird reaction to the anesthesia. I barely remember writing this. Its kinda weird to read acutely... I mean my writing is not strong but geez. I do remember wanting to ask something along these lines before surgery because I will actually have time to ask while I rest from taking classes. I am going to do my best answering you guys seeing as I am still a bit groggy.

You likely had a normal reaction to anesthesia. I read somewhere that patients should not drive, make important decisions for the first 24 hours after surgery and anesthesia; out patient or inpatient. If you were caught driving a car, you would have been DUI. That you were posting here, well was PUI. Now, there is another name for Pilonidal Cyst, It is military related, and if you get it right, you win a cookie.

I talked to the anesthesiologist and they saids it normal. I just need the remember to let the hospital know for next time. I did not drive either but PUI, yes.

I believe you are referring to a "Jeep Seat" or "Jeep Riders Disease."

I talked to the anesthesiologist and they saids it normal. I just need the remember to let the hospital know for next time. I did not drive either but PUI, yes.

So basically a boil on your ass... you need to get out more.

So basically a boil on your ass... you need to get out more.

Haha, not basically. Literally. It can also come upon by trauma to the area multiple times. I play rugby and sit a lot for my classes. So yeah, blame my education for not letting me out more. Shame.

lol, had a boil just above the tail bone/ass crack. Very painful, however, I doubt anyone on here would have approved of the rusty pocket knife, sterilized with a cigarette lighter and pack of paper towels procedure used to "relieve" the pain... lol

I had MRSA on my lower back the last month of boot camp. I didn't want to get dropped so I never said anything. I had an EMT in my class, who at the time, I thought had at the expertise to help me. It started out as a one time thing but at the end of boot camp became an every night occurrence. After lights out a couple guys would hold me down and shove a shirt in my mouth as the EMT lanced the MASSIVE bulge, as it shot out puss. Then he would clean it out with those long rifle q-tips and then dump purell in there and swirl it around. Needless to say it was extremely painful. The minute I graduated boot camp my family took me to the hospital and I had to go into surgery and get it cut off. Was told how dumb I was because apparently that stuff can get into your spinal cord and mess you up. Still have the massive scar.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXA338ro1mo.

Back