Security Forces to Recon

Thanks all you guys for your responses! I was just promoted to LCpl this week just a small update. Also on a setback from all this, dealing with a current injury. But I have been looking at the MARSOC Route. I will bring it up to my command that I am interested in doing it once I run a new PFT/CFT this year with close to perfect scores so they will take me seriously.

Thanks for the update and congrats on earning LCpl.

Yes, congrats on the promotion. I'm not up to date on the latest MARADMIN but last I checked you had to be a Cpl to apply for MARSOC. I'm not sure if that's still true.

My info is dated from a decade ago, but at that time, Security Forces Regiment did not allow any of us 03's to screen for Recon, even when nearing completion of your two years.

It seems like the command would be a little more willing to entertain the idea toward the end of a tour. At least in my mind, once I saw a replacement inbound to fill the gap in the t/o you'd be off to reconmarsocspecialsquirell school.

FAST works differently in that platoons work on a JORT cycle. Receiving, buildup, deployment, leave/training, deployment, out process. These cycles work over the course of 2 years with each platoon checking in and checking out at the same.

When I was in MCSFCo the overseas platoons worked differently in that they were permanent duty stations and not forward deployed platoons, with the exception of a single FAST platoon that would rotate through. Overseas commands had new checkins came as needed after completion of someone elses two year time. I think that it's different now and there are no more permanent Marines in Rota/Bahrain except HQ.

Why they didn't let you screen at the end? Could have been where the location of FAST (Hampton Roads area depending upon company; either Norfolk or Yorktown) and where screening events are (Lejeune or Quantico) or shitty leadership. I'm a beliver it was a combination of the above.

Yeah gents you do have to be an NCO for MARSOC so there is that opportunity for me when my FAST contract comes to an end, I could go out and test for that.
NavyBuyer, your intel is still pretty accurate just a few minor changes as always to keep things fresh I guess in FAST haha.

Back