SFAS Advice

Patriottom32

Unverified
Hello, I'm currently a 68W stationed in Germany and am working on my medical checklist so that I am able to get an SFAS date. One of my squad leaders just made it through SFAS and he was telling me that most PFC's and people under 25 don't make it through the first time. Apparently its due to immaturity levels. Actually he and my PL tried convincing me to wait longer before attending. Even though I am only 21 and have never been deployed, I am very unhappy where I am at in my Army career at the moment. I am in an EVAC unit and we basically just sit around and PMCS our vehicles everyday. I would much rather attend now and give it my all than to sit around in this unit feeling unsatisfied and without any sort of challenge. I really want more out of my career and want to challenge myself. If anyone has any advice, tips, tricks or anything I can do before hand and during SFAS to increase my chances of first time success it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

. If anyone has any advice, tips, tricks or anything I can do before hand and during SFAS to increase my chances of first time success it would be much appreciated.

Advice- Pay attention to detail. If you were able to do that, you'd have seen you need to post an INTRODUCTION to this site before commenting, as it's in the rules.

Tips/tricks- After you post your intro, try using the SEARCHBAR. There are easily a few dozen threads that discuss general advice for SFAS prep; there's even a MENTOR program for all sorts of SF hopefuls.

Advice- Pay attention to detail. If you were able to do that, you'd have seen you need to post an INTRODUCTION to this site before commenting, as it's in the rules.

Tips/tricks- After you post your intro, try using the SEARCHBAR. There are easily a few dozen threads that discuss general advice for SFAS prep; there's even a MENTOR program for all sorts of SF hopefuls.
@Cookie_101st

Well said, word for word. Reminder to all members though, in the spirit of “consistency’. please let the staff handle this type of stuff. (Use the “report post” feature).

@Patriottom32 -

“Like” this message after you have posted your intro and I will reopen it.

To add part 2 -
If anyone has any advice, tips, tricks or anything I can do before hand and during SFAS to increase my chances of first time success it would be much appreciated

Please don’t try to G2 the selection process or the course itself. That is bad juju and you will receive no such advice from this forum.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm currently a 68W stationed in Germany and am working on my medical checklist so that I am able to get an SFAS date. One of my squad leaders just made it through SFAS and he was telling me that most PFC's and people under 25 don't make it through the first time. Apparently its due to immaturity levels. Actually he and my PL tried convincing me to wait longer before attending. Even though I am only 21 and have never been deployed, I am very unhappy where I am at in my Army career at the moment. I am in an EVAC unit and we basically just sit around and PMCS our vehicles everyday. I would much rather attend now and give it my all than to sit around in this unit feeling unsatisfied and without any sort of challenge. I really want more out of my career and want to challenge myself. If anyone has any advice, tips, tricks or anything I can do before hand and during SFAS to increase my chances of first time success it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sounds to me like your squad leader thinks you lack maturity. Maybe he is trying to help you out, or maybe he doesn't want a PFC being Selected and on the same plane as himself. My point is, it's a decision you have to make for yourself. Your squad leader isn't going to be there at SFAS with you, it will just be you competing with yourself.

It's time to make an honest self assessment, do you believe in yourself? Are you fit? Can you ruck? Are you a team player? Most importantly do you have the heart to push through and never quit?

The only tips you need are don't be last, late, lost, or light.

If you spend a few hours on the site doing research instead of posting a new thread expecting to be spoon fed answers, you'd already have answers to all your questions.

I have my doubts that you have what it takes.. question is, what do YOU think?

Sounds to me like your squad leader thinks you lack maturity. Maybe he is trying to help you out, or maybe he doesn't want a PFC being Selected and on the same plane as himself. My point is, it's a decision you have to make for yourself. Your squad leader isn't going to be there at SFAS with you, it will just be you competing with yourself.

It's time to make an honest self assessment, do you believe in yourself? Are you fit? Can you ruck? Are you a team player? Most importantly do you have the heart to push through and never quit?

The only tips you need are don't be last, late, lost, or light.

If you spend a few hours on the site doing research instead of posting a new thread expecting to be spoon fed answers, you'd already have answers to all your questions.

I have my doubts that you have what it takes.. question is, what do YOU think?

Thank you for your reply. My SL and PL do think I am immature, they have told me so directly. That is why everyday I am striving to find out what maturity truly is and practicing it.

Yes I do believe in myself, Yes I am fit (Could always improve though), I love to ruck, being a team player is defiantly the skill that I need to work on improving the most (I can be a bit reserved until I get to know the people I am working with). Honestly I want to say that I have the heart to push through and never quit. However, I have never experienced anything as challenging as SFAS is going to be. (And this excites me). My plan is just to go into it with a never quit attitude and give it 100%. Whether I had what it took to make it through is yet to be determined.

The tips you gave above are exactly the types of tips I was looking for. Not being last, late, lost, or light, will defiantly improve my chances.

I will continue to do more research on these forums, looking for useful information. However if you have any tips on becoming a better team player that would be appreciated.

Thank you for your reply again.

There is a really thorough and quite informative post about this very question on queitprofessionals . com. Basically, bring lots of socks, best boots they let you in with, keep both of them dry, wire for drying the socks, and a never-quit attitutude. i would look up the thread.

There is a really thorough and quite informative post about this very question on queitprofessionals . com. Basically, bring lots of socks, best boots they let you in with, keep both of them dry, wire for drying the socks, and a never-quit attitutude. i would look up the thread.

Sorry, I got the URL wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Scratch that....

Are you fucking kidding me ?

Did you read the links I sent you?

Yes you did because you “liked” Them.

Did you read my response in the other post where I told you to take a timeout from posting and just read for a few days?

Yes you did because you replied to it.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS:
- Do not talk to members like you know them.

- Do not call woman who choose to take a woman studies course, “cunts”

- Do not offer members advice about the military, much less SOF, when you’ve never been in the military.

DO NOT reply to this, PM me, or post again tonight.

Period.

Ok fucking ban me faggot. Every person on that site was saying how great a post it was. Fucking power tripping cuck.
Shadowspear staff- responding to requests from users now with 100% completion rate!

Move along as if he never existed. Because he doesn’t.

Last edited:
Back