Smithsonian Open House

AWP

SOF Support
Other than parking, the event is free. If you're in or around DC, make the trip. If you're a history geek you'll see why in the story.

NASM’s Restoration Center to Hold Open House – January 30th, 2016

Information on the Open House:

Saturday, January 30, 2016
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Admission: Free, Parking $15

In the case of inclement weather, this event may be canceled and will not be rescheduled. For information on the status of this event, check our NASM’s website (HERE) or call 703-572-4118.

There is nothing about the Smithsonian that is not cool!

I wish I lived closer. That is a vacation place for me in the future!

There is nothing about the Smithsonian that is not cool!

They signed a blackmail agreement with the Wright family to say that they wouldn't mention the several powered flights BEFORE the Wright brothers flew their crappy plane. That is disturbing and an insult to history and the people who trust the Smithsonian.

They signed a blackmail agreement with the Wright family to say that they wouldn't mention the several powered flights BEFORE the Wright brothers flew their crappy plane. That is disturbing and an insult to history and the people who trust the Smithsonian.

As I was then...would you happen to have some good links to that? Not that I don't believe you...but, I would just like to read them. I had never heard about that. I would like to know who leaked it.

As I was then...would you happen to have some good links to that? Not that I don't believe you...but, I would just like to read them. I had never heard about that. I would like to know who leaked it.

Fucker, how dare you make me work!

Last edited:
That is truly saddening...both on the part of the Smithsonian and on the part played by Orville. Those that are true "flight enthusiasts" ought to push that issue to have things changed.

If we can make a planet a "non-planet"...we can change who flew the first successful flight.

But, that's another issue.:-"

I think there's some doubt around Pearce. Which is a shame for my national pride hahaha.

IIRC there's a few people who could have possibly flown before the Wright's as well but again, harder to prove.

If you go and I don't have a picture of you in front of Flak Bait or the -229, don't return to this site. Some other corner of the Net will embrace you because you're dead here.

Back