So a Grizzly Bear followed me home...

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
....said the man with a hell of a story to tell. I'd like to think I'd be this cool and calm, but I don't know.

Geoffrey Glassner, a 74-year-old hiker, kept his cool while a grizzly bear and her two cubs followed him down a trail, according to Inside Edition. Geoffrey had just walked away from his camp in Alaska's Katmai National Park, and as soon as he did, the family of bears almost stopped him in his tracks.

He started walking backwards away from the bears, and he took out his camera to record them. The camera was shaking, but he remained calm, knowing that scaring the bears could lead to life-threatening consequences.

Geoffrey was hoping the cubs would wander off the trail, and their mother would follow along. "My biggest fear was that they would get close to me and mama bear thought I was a threat and would attack me," he told Inside Edition. Finally, the cubs did leave the trail when they found a river. Geoffrey, who sounded relieved, recorded them as they got closer to the water and thankfully, further from him.

Back