SOF support units? Are they SF qualified ?

Could you expand on this, please (specifically, the bolded text)? A few lines up, you stated that it's difficult to remove a soldier from your unit without a reason (ie misconduct), so I'm a bit lost as to what exactly you mean by this.

Thanks. :)

Sure.

It's very difficult to eliminate Soldiers for say weight control or PT failure. Bad Soldiers are easier to get rid of when they commit an act that can be handled as a "criminal" case instead of an "administrative" one. But just because it's hard doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, or shouldn't keep trying. There are other ways to eliminate non-hackers; over the long term the NCOER system works, too.

...over the long term the NCOER system works, too.

Unless of course promotion to E-5 comes automatically because of shortages.

Schloesser used to be a boss down Nightstalker Way didn't he?

Some time in November he became the DIV Commander. Turner's now running Fifth Army from what I understand.

I think Schloesser was in charge of 1st and 2nd BN before moving on to grander things. I know he was Assistant Division Commander for a minute.

I have nothing against fly-boys but I'm very surprised they put one in charge of a conventional infantry division.

Seems to happen quite a bit. Turns out aviators are pretty smart folks, who knew :D Back when I was an LT, there was an aviator in charge of the schoolhouse at Huachuca (MG Thomas).

We still on for tomorrow night?

Eyes said:
The Urban Legion I heard [years ago!] about that was that some full-bird Colonel saw a SF Support Soldier that just so happened to be a Pregnant Female [whom was obviously VERY pregnant at the time] in Maternity BDU's and the Green Beanie" and he completely flipped out. And, that was the end of anyone to whom wasn't long tabbed from wearing it...

At least that's how the legend goes, I don't know if there is any truth to the story...

Saw this when I was on Bragg, back in the mid-80's. Green Beret and Maternity Tents. Don't know if the Urban Legend is true, but I wouldn't be surprised. It looked plenty ridiculous, a woman wearing that cover, much less a pregnant one!

Good to hear this no longer happens.

LL

mara, they still make the Joes carry that fookin' blue book around? Back in the day if you had AASLT wings you were "required" to wear them...probably because it made fingering alternates for school easier at morning muster. :D

We still have to carry that gay blue book, no one wears any badges anymore, you do sometimes see a couple assholes wear it sometimes.

No kidding, when I left it looked like some of the brigades made their guys wear their badges. I'm glad they've changed the policy. Everything that's really important you wear on your sleeves anyway.

Back