SOF to Intel Agencies

If anything it might result in a shakeup of how infomants/agents are evaluated. There should be lots of good lessons coming out of it, unfortunately at the expense of lives.

I could not disagree with this more. Females make some bad ass 'gators.

I stand corrected then. You would know far better than me. Anything you can expound on, or maybe PM if you don't want it in the open?

It's not a secret that sometimes putting people off balance works wonders. We did it sometimes with searches of certain peoples who didn't like dealing with a woman or a certain race or whatever.

...And I don't agree with the argument that an American, Christian, female will get an Arab male to open up...

You would do well not to express such a strong opinion about topics which you have limited knowledge and exposure.

I have watched the lil shitheads like a canary when talked to by a female 'gator.

Crip

You would do well not to express such a strong opinion about topics which you have limited knowledge and exposure.

I have watched the lil shitheads like a canary when talked to by a female 'gator.

Crip

Understood. Thank you to you and goon175 for the education.

Jawbreaker mentions a paramilitary reserve as well. Or maybe it was First In. One of those guys wasn't actually a PMO and was in some reserve because of his skydiving background.

I know what you are referring to and it isnt a paramilitary reserve unit but an INSCOM USAR unit. They get ABN, Ranger and other high speed schools.

I have never spoken to a DIA representative. But from my understanding... the DIA does not have an "action arm" (operations component) that I know of. The mandate of the DIA also from what I understand is to support the Armed Forces in intelligence capabilities wherever they may be deployed. The CIA operates on a global mandate (not just warzones or other military operations). To be honest I think the DIA is all intel analysts, translators, imagery, etc.
Dknob. The DIA has the SSB (Strategic Support Branch) which skirts all of that by their responsibility to "prepare the battlespace" specifically for DoD personnel. There is some open source info available if you dig a bit like the 2nd and 3rd page of Google. It was created to get around dependence on the CIA for certain things. Team members backgrounds vary but pathfinder school, ASOC and that sort of thing are valued. They have normal assignments within DIA and the SSB teams are put together and sent out tailored to the requirements. As I understand it there were a lot of older vets running around but now I 'heard" its more about MI types that have Intel to SOF backgrounds (and courses)

Again I want to sincerely thank everyone for sharing their valuable knowledge and experiences. This is what i needed.

So if I want to work in the field of intel (not CO but PMO type) later in my life, what should I do to prepare myself? I originally wanted to go 11x with Airborne opt. and eventually work my way up to Ranger Regiment. However, going NG/Reserve and going SFAS (19th Group) is another option I have in mind..

I could not care less in "whos tougher" discussions but I just wish to know which career route/paths will best support and compliment one another..

ANY advices, tips, examples, lessons will be greatly appreciated..

Thank you in advance for your replies.

So if I want to work in the field of intel (not CO but PMO type) later in my life, what should I do to prepare myself? I originally wanted to go 11x with Airborne opt. and eventually work my way up to Ranger Regiment. However, going NG/Reserve and going SFAS (19th Group) is another option I have in mind..

Have you read this thread? If not, you may find it helpful. If you have, you may need to read it again.
https://shadowspear.com/vb/threads/why-does-focus-on-the-25m-target-matter.12268/

Maybe you guys could see something here. :ninja:

http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/inside-the-nsa

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL GETS UNPRECEDENTED
LOOK INSIDE AMERICA’S MOST SECRETIVE
INTELLIGENCE AGENCY IN INSIDE THE NSA
Agency Opens Its Doors to Documentary Cameras
For the First Time Since 9/11
Inside the NSA Premieres Monday, January 30, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on
National Geographic Channel
“We do nTot want to make a mistake.
It has terrible consequences for our nation.”
General Keith B. Alexander, Director, National Security Agency

Glad to see they showed the wall and SSG Chay (SOT-A) could be seen. Liked the bit about the MOC too. ;)

I would like to first and foremost apologize for a reviving what appears to be a dead thread, however there seems to be a lot of relative information to me.

I registered for this site because of this thread.

Now with that out of the way, I know the basis of the thread was SOF transitioning over to Intel, however I'm currently in Intel considering employment in a Para-military type outfit or other operations-oriented Intelligence job.

Basically, would anyone here have any idea as to what types of work I can look at similar to CIA Protective Agent?

For a very long time I've wanted to do operations focused around HUMINT, even Counter-Intel, but I also like the idea of Protective Agent after reading the descriptions. I also have considered DoS DSS as I feel as if I would fit well into that. Only problem, I don't have a bachelors degree and NO special operations experience.

My apologies, I have back-tracked and posted an introduction in the appropriate forum. I have also considered becoming a cop, but I would like to stay working for the Federal Government. I have also looked at contracting positions (subscribed to Intel Connections), however a lot of those positions require previous SOF experience.

I would like to first and foremost apologize for a reviving what appears to be a dead thread, however there seems to be a lot of relative information to me.

I registered for this site because of this thread.

Now with that out of the way, I know the basis of the thread was SOF transitioning over to Intel, however I'm currently in Intel considering employment in a Para-military type outfit or other operations-oriented Intelligence job.

Basically, would anyone here have any idea as to what types of work I can look at similar to CIA Protective Agent?

For a very long time I've wanted to do operations focused around HUMINT, even Counter-Intel, but I also like the idea of Protective Agent after reading the descriptions. I also have considered DoS DSS as I feel as if I would fit well into that. Only problem, I don't have a bachelors degree and NO special operations experience.

As you stated you are in the Air Force, why don't you try to get into OSI. They do Counter-Inter and protective jobs. I'm not too sure on their HUMINT capabilities, but it's worth looking into if this is the jobs you desire.

I have pursued the OSI route, and it was something I was very interested in for those exact reasons, however I had spoken to a lot of agents and done research into the job and I just wasn't that impressed with the program. Also, I wanted to try my luck outside of the Air Force. Though I love the Air Force and I do believe to the Air Force has a lot of good personnel programs, I was looking more towards something a little more stable and direct. Simply put, the Air Force to me just doesn't have or do what I'm looking for (in hind-sight, I should have joined the Army for this, but I had no idea what I was looking for as a 20 year-old kid).

Back