Soldier Arrested in Child Sex Sting

He’s a Special Forces soldier but he’s also a PFC?
For anyone that is looking at this thread and our Marine friends who may not understand how group works. Each group has an entire support battalion. That is where most centralized support works. Things like Riggers, Cooks, the Group Med log folks, commo stuff, motor pool. Each battalion in group also has support folks at the battalion level. GSB is an airborne(sometimes, there are legs running about) unit staffed with the same soldiers that would be in any support battalion. Again, not specially selected, and as far as I know not even commanded by an SF guy all the time. I never worked in one, and certainly never hung out over there.

In the line companies of an SF Battalion there are no privates. Zero. It is all NCO’s. Even the supply guy who is the only non tabbed guy in the company is an NCO.
In the words of Devil Doc - I don’t write the news, I just report it.

That link is from 2020 and we're talking about it now? The link in the OP is from 2023, but you brought up some dirt from 2020?

Okay. That's one way to do it.

The thread title was changed to Army soldier arrested in child sex sting. I made the statement that this is a cultural thing at this particular unit. Two child sex cases in three years, which would be enough time for one CO (not saying the same CO is there only it’s plausible) points to a problem at the unit.

Apparently all child predators in the Army get stationed here.

The military is a cross section of society - this shit is happening because the people have empowered a ruling class that just showed by public vote than they are more concerned with the feelings and dignity of pedophiles than they are with protecting children.

Lets not pretend that this is a unit problem - it is a societal problem. Just this past week in Colorado (the state where that unit is located) the state h0uSe reprobate-atives voted on HB23-1135 which is a bill that would have increased the severity of indecent exposure in front of a minor to a class 6 felony. Instead, 27 democrats voted against harsher penalties for perverts and pedophiles.

State Representative Leslie Herod actually went on record to say, "These types of laws have been used to ban drag shows, to target individuals who use the restroom of the sex that they identify with—a public restroom—to charge them with felony charges. I am very concerned about the attacks against the transgender community that are happening across the country."
State Representative Leslie Herod is worried about the safety of Colorado's children infringing on the appetites of cross dressers.

A few more election cycles and the left will be cutting this shit bag support guy a small business license as long as he wears a mask and pays his taxes.

I could be wrong. Besides, this is just my fact-less, politically biased, opinion; I haven't done much research on the issue.

For anyone that is looking at this thread and our Marine friends who may not understand how group works. Each group has an entire support battalion. That is where most centralized support works. Things like Riggers, Cooks, the Group Med log folks, commo stuff, motor pool. Each battalion in group also has support folks at the battalion level. GSB is an airborne(sometimes, there are legs running about) unit staffed with the same soldiers that would be in any support battalion. Again, not specially selected, and as far as I know not even commanded by an SF guy all the time. I never worked in one, and certainly never hung out over there.

In the line companies of an SF Battalion there are no privates. Zero. It is all NCO’s. Even the supply guy who is the only non tabbed guy in the company is an NCO.

Thanks for clarifying some of this but what does GSB stand for?

I have a friend who was Special Forces in Vietnam in the real early days, like ‘63 ‘64, who was badly wounded just a few weeks into his tour and sent home. He was a Green Beret PFC. Or so he says and I don’t have reason doubt him…So I assume in the very beginning there were E2s and E3s in the ranks?

Last edited:

I have a friend who was Special Forces in Vietnam in the real early days, like ‘63 ‘64, who was badly wounded just a few weeks into his tour and sent home. He was a Green Beret PFC. Or so he says and I don’t have reason doubt him…So I assume in the very beginning there were E2s and E3s in the ranks?
Group Support Battalion...and, yes, there have been PFCs on teams in the past, can't speak for the present. It seems to me that it would be difficult to find one on a team now, given the length of the pipeline. When I went through the Q course, it was 16 weeks long for engineers, communicators and weapons folk, considerably longer for medics. It was possible to go from enlistment through the course to a group in a year. Promotion to E4 took around 21 months....nowadays, I am not sure.

Group Support Battalion. They used to be company-sized, but have grown as the needs of the Groups have grown.

In the 90's you had something like this:

An SF Bn.:
3 x SF Co. with one B-Team and 5-6 A-Teams. (I forget)
1 Bn. Support Co. w/ 1 Service Det. (riggers, mechanics, loggies), 1 Signal Det. (commo guys), and 1 Intel Det. (All the Intel bubbas). Each Det. was about 30-35 in size
1 HQ Det., your Bn. HQ folks like S-1, S-2, etc.

Then each Group contained 3 battalions of the the above, but at the Group level the HQ element was a Co. and they had a Group Spt. Co.. We rarely worked with them back then, but the gist was they could be plugged in where needed to provide extra support for a Bn.

Much of the above is still true, but the manning levels have changed.

ETA, a bit on a GSB with a badass cover shot. https://www.soc.mil/528th/PDFs/1st GSB Special Warfare Magazine.pdf

Group Support Battalion...and, yes, there have been PFCs on teams in the past, can't speak for the present. It seems to me that it would be difficult to find one on a team now, given the length of the pipeline. When I went through the Q course, it was 16 weeks long for engineers, communicators and weapons folk, considerably longer for medics. It was possible to go from enlistment through the course to a group in a year. Promotion to E4 took around 21 months....nowadays, I am not sure.

Group Support Battalion. They used to be company-sized, but have grown as the needs of the Groups have grown.

In the 90's you had something like this:

An SF Bn.:
3 x SF Co. with one B-Team and 5-6 A-Teams. (I forget)
1 Bn. Support Co. w/ 1 Service Det. (riggers, mechanics, loggies), 1 Signal Det. (commo guys), and 1 Intel Det. (All the Intel bubbas). Each Det. was about 30-35 in size
1 HQ Det., your Bn. HQ folks like S-1, S-2, etc.

Then each Group contained 3 battalions of the the above, but at the Group level the HQ element was a Co. and they had a Group Spt. Co.. We rarely worked with them back then, but the gist was they could be plugged in where needed to provide extra support for a Bn.

Much of the above is still true, but the manning levels have changed.

ETA, a bit on a GSB with a badass cover shot. https://www.soc.mil/528th/PDFs/1st GSB Special Warfare Magazine.pdf

Thank you, sirs.

It is not possible now. SF MOS’s require the rank of SGT.

Back