Starter pistol for the kids?

Before all you tards post your “I’d hit it” comments, Tori is only 15/16 years old. She has been shooting for awhile now, USPSA, IDPA, STEEL CHALLENGE. One of the best jr-woman shooters I have seen. I keep showing her videos to my wife as an excuse to why I keep spending an hour + with my daughter teaching her pistol safety/manipulations. And yes for all you 1911'ers out there, she is running a 45 ACP pistol better than you lol.

My goal is for me and my green 1911 to shoot as well as or better than her and her purple 1911... This will take a LOT of time and money. LOL!

Edit - Wait a sec... Is the purple one a Glock?

Yeah, Tori runs a purple colored Glock 34.

For other women shooters, most probably better than most of us on this board, go Google and YouTube search for Women of USPSA.

She runs a G34 in purple and 1911 in SS. But yeah dude, hope you reload or have deep-deep-deep pockets. Pro-Am and most SCSA stuff people will normally run a minor load that keeps the gun running flat. I think she shoots for her dad, who runs a custom gunsmith shop (may be wrong on that though). So I am sure she is getting mucho training ammo and her gus tweaked here and there. She has been shooting practical matches for a few years now, but still crazy to think she is only about to be 16 if she has not already turned 16. I hope she stays with the sport.

I saw an interview with Kippi Leatham. She can run a single stack, but she is entirely too perky. Lay of the sugar, Kippi. :)

Considering that she's married to Rob Leatham....she kind of has a decent coach. ;)

FWIW, Tori Nonaka won the Ladies' Production Division at the USPSA Area 6 championships this past weekend and finished 21st out of 81 total shooters in Production.

GSG makes a nice looking .22 1911. I have seen good reviews on it but haven't actually tried one out yet. As for your 19 year old, my first pistol was a Springfield Milspec 1911 not too long ago. Perhaps you were looking for an answer that had more to do with training, but I have no experience with that other than range time familiarizing myself with the weapons.

Well, I told him it would be a gift after he got through boot. He's so excited to have his own, he may tell me what he wants. He woke up the other day saying what a great dream he had. He'd gotten his pistol and was target shooting. LOL.

Back