Super Drugs

Yeah, old news. The nazi's did a bunch of experimentation with meth and other stimulants on their own men. Jack off extraordinaire of the Reich used meth and cocaine, also reportedly used opium, not sure how true that was. I won't even get into the experiments on victims of the camps by assholes like Mengele and others. Hell, eugenics were a big thing pre final solution.

didn't the USAF issue a type of "speed" for pilots? Gotta dig for some links.....

Good pic of the GS =)

We were issuing it as late as the 80's I believe and probably more recent than that. There was a B-52 crash while on a Chrome Dome mission resulting in a Broken Arrow where meth/ benzedrine usage was a possible contributing factor.

Wartime amphetamine usage by industrialized nations is so common it isn't even a story.

ETA: F-111 crews were issued them during the Libya strikes in '86.

Full text of "Popular Mechanics"

Amphetamines to get you up, ambien for long plane rides. The military has been doping us for decades.
And the less contentious drugs.. Cigarettes in C-rats, instant coffee too. Just wish I'd gotten more than one of the French field rats, the wine in theirs wasn't bad. Wasn't good, but it was drinkable.

LL

Back