Swim. Bike. Run. Shoot. Kill.

Yes. If I do want to go the enlisted route, then I could definitely go in tomorrow, figuratively speaking.

But I think you are missing the point of the post. It's not whether I'm choosing the go the officer vs enlisted route. The post was my way of agreeing with rethinking the age limit and also demonstrating my efforts as an older than acceptable candidate.

As far as my choices. Forgive the arrogance, but why should I go enlisted when I meet every qualification for officer. I don't meet the age requirements for officer, but I don't meet them for enlisted either.

You really DON'T understand. I stepped back from early commissioning (even though I was 22 at the time) and enlisted to be able to follow a calling for SF. You are an arrogant egomaniacal so & so, not any type of elite soldier/sailor/ airman/ marine; you are looking for prestige and some type of validation in the "I'm an Officer and a SEAL..." spiel - sorry - stay out of the military and teach. Get accepted for what you really want - and if you feel you can, either: 1. as an officer go SEAL or 2. As an enlisted SEAL (fat chance in either case of becoming a SEAL, you aren't wired for it) put in your officer packet. F**k the excuses and the explanations and do something - you've been in school until the age of 31 - get off your ass and do something. And don't think you'll get a better loan forgiveness program as an officer - it's the same for the entire military branch you join.

Sorry it's harsh - but you need a reality check - you spent too much time on campus IMHO.

Working with the military has no bearing or similarity to being in the military - you haven't paid your dues. Your attitude shows it.

I will make this my last post on this thread.

It amazes me who much some have ASSUMED they know about my life, attributes, attitudes, skills, and thinking based off of a couple of sentences. Yet still did not seem to get the original point I was trying to get across. That age should not be such a hard factor in determining spec-op qualifications.

Thank you for your time.

:-x

I will make this my last post on this thread.

It amazes me who much some have ASSUMED they know about my life, attributes, attitudes, skills, and thinking based off of a couple of sentences. Yet still did not seem to get the original point I was trying to get across. That age should not be such a hard factor in determining spec-op qualifications.

Thank you for your time.

:-x

For some services age is a factor, for others it is not. The services all have their own reasons for this I'm sure.

At the end of the day you're on the outside looking in. I know some damn fine men that will never wear a particular badge or tab because of luck, age, injuries, whatever. It happens.

Our opinions are based in part on your posts and in part because we have seen this so many times before. Education and experience has taught us this. Your posts are a reflection of you who are and if you are vastly different from they way you've posted then you have failed at something else: the ability to communicate.

You'll never be a SEAL. Too bad, stop crying over it. You are not too old to still wear a uniform and contribute....or is that beneath you since it does not come with command of a SEAL platoon and a gold trident?

As far as my choices. Forgive the arrogance, but why should I go enlisted when I meet every qualification for officer. I don't meet the age requirements for officer, but I don't meet them for enlisted either.

Some call it arrogance. Most call it ignorance.

from my experience when you do good on the rest of the pst the run is just all mental. you gotta block out the pain. i remember back in nov there was 6 of us taking the PST. one kid was going for seal and did shitty comapred to me in the pool he quit at 48 push and 50 situps and did 8 pull ups and quit. then the first lap of the the run on a regular track .25 mile 4 guys just quit and it was me and another kid just running like the wind. it suprised me how all these ppl just give up. one kid wanted to be rescue swimmer and here i am doin my push ups next to him im at like 60 hes dying at 35 grunting and groaning as he rest on the ground not holding himself up. im like WTF man up.

the kid that was going for seal and just walked and talked like a bad ass him and his dad were there at the station b4 the test theyre like oh yeah hes gonna be a seal he enlised two days b4. quits on the run. this kid looked like a weight room foot ball player. here i am just barrel chested skinny runnin motha fer and im like yea i smoke you any day on the PST. hes weak...and i beleive alot these ppl dont know what it takes to do these jobs. its not to look cool its a lifestyle of dealing with pain. you gotta want it that bad.

from my experience when you do good on the rest of the pst the run is just all mental. you gotta block out the pain. i remember back in nov there was 6 of us taking the PST. one kid was going for seal and did shitty comapred to me in the pool he quit at 48 push and 50 situps and did 8 pull ups and quit. then the first lap of the the run on a regular track .25 mile 4 guys just quit and it was me and another kid just running like the wind. it suprised me how all these ppl just give up. one kid wanted to be rescue swimmer and here i am doin my push ups next to him im at like 60 hes dying at 35 grunting and groaning as he rest on the ground not holding himself up. im like WTF man up.

the kid that was going for seal and just walked and talked like a bad ass him and his dad were there at the station b4 the test theyre like oh yeah hes gonna be a seal he enlised two days b4. quits on the run. this kid looked like a weight room foot ball player. here i am just barrel chested skinny runnin motha fer and im like yea i smoke you any day on the PST. hes weak...and i beleive alot these ppl dont know what it takes to do these jobs. its not to look cool its a lifestyle of dealing with pain. you gotta want it that bad.

Have you been to BUD/S ? And, please capitlize SEAL in further posts. You should know that.

Thank you.

scheduled to goto buds this summer July or August. srry bout (SEAL) was just typin alot fast and venting bout the weak.

Attention to detail is a requirement in the world you are attempting to join. Practice it everywhere, all the time, including online, like in forums, chat rooms and IM'ing. It will become second nature.

Communication skills are especially critical so think when using capitalization, spelling, punctuation, grammar and the proper use of acronyms like BUD/S.

It ain't just about being in shape. ;)

;)

LL

Hooyah to that library lady. think my last post was in wrong topic lol. but anyways the whole officer thing my seal motivator talked about just last week. we had this guy just got his bachelors and wanted to enlist as an officer SEAL. My motivator was saying how your better off being on the teams for years than becoming an officer that way you know what goes on. He also said that life is alot better for the Enlisted SEALS b cuz they dont have to deal with all the political BS. And you wont make bad decisions for other ppl instead. you do what your told and enjoy life not becoming an officer and u wont have any scrutiny for being some fresh officer not knowing what they are doing... hope that all makes sense.

Hooyah to that library lady. think my last post was in wrong topic lol. but anyways the whole officer thing my seal motivator talked about just last week. we had this guy just got his bachelors and wanted to enlist as an officer SEAL. My motivator was saying how your better off being on the teams for years than becoming an officer that way you know what goes on. He also said that life is alot better for the Enlisted SEALS b cuz they dont have to deal with all the political BS. And you wont make bad decisions for other ppl instead. you do what your told and enjoy life not becoming an officer and u wont have any scrutiny for being some fresh officer not knowing what they are doing... hope that all makes sense.

Good luck on your endeavors. When and if you get to the SEAL prep course (NSWSPC) say hello to your OIC, Master Chief Paul Tharp (SOCM/SEAL) for me. ;)

You know, the Air Force has been looking at this for about 6 years- there was a huge push shortly after '99 to hone recruiting, to specifically target type-a's, as opposed to a "carpet bomb" type of approach. It has so far worked VERY well on the officer side of the house. As far as enlisted- well, recruters get 1.5 credit for a PJ/CCT troop, and I have trained with some guys that have no business on a high school sports team, let alone a specops team. Oh well.

And as far as the first question-- Who wouldnt want an endurance athlete on their team?-- me. Screw a triathele (i know some are in real shape) and forget a marathon runner. Running 26.2 miles will not happen in a war zone, and if you are biking or swimming in the AOR, screw it, I will buy you a beer cause you have a ridiculous story. Give me the medium sized guy that can hump an 80lb ruck and put out all day. I dont care what his middle 8 mile time is.

To add an example:

I was recently at a large rugby tournament in the area and there were several military booths set up including Naval Special Warfare, SWCCs especially. It was very neat to see.

Back