TACP PAST (Standard and SOF)

Apologies thank you for the mentorship/guidance. I will do better in my future researching of information
The search button is your friend (same can be said for google).
Ask your recruiter.
Why does it matter? seriously, why does it matter?
You signed up for 4 or 6 years so school length shouldn't be a concern.

Here's some guidance:
You'll lose some fitness at Basic, so just meeting minimum standards going in is a great way to fail.
Take each step one at a time.
Basic, Selection (or orientation,it is called) TACP tech school, follow on schools, etc. Concentrate on the mission at hand.
Learn to research as it is a great life tool.

@CDG and @kaeo - we're going to stop now. Continue the discussion via pm if you feel it is warranted, CDG, as an NCO you may be able to educate the young man out of public view.

They aren't according to their profile (bolded part). If they are then that should probably be fixed. I thought TACP wasn't going to open to females until next year.

They aren't according to their profile (bolded part). If they are then that should probably be fixed. I thought TACP wasn't going to open to females until next year.
My understanding is they ran a few test cases.
Wish I could type what was said over coffee yesterday.

AFAIK, TACP is not open to females yet. I'm tracking the initial beginning of recruitment for potential female TACPs in September of this year, with an undetermined date for the first to actually attempt the pipeline. There have been some female 13Ls (TACP Officers) go through most of the pipeline.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDispl...-testing-phase-for-women-in-combat-roles.aspx

In April 2015, the Air Force will begin conducting the physical evaluations required to explore opening the last six career fields currently closed to women. ...

http://www.aetc.af.mil/About/FactSh...cal-fitness-study-for-battlefield-airmen.aspx

What is meant by Tier 2? The AF Fitness Assessment (FA) is a “Tier 1” fitness test; it indicates health and general fitness, is gender-specific, but AFSC independent. However, when generating fitness tests for AFSCs, we must base the standards on “Tier 2” requirements - the job demands. Tier 2 tests and standards are occupationally-specific, operationally-relevant and independent of age and gender. Currently, the AF is focused on the Tier 2 approach for Battlefield Airmen (BA).

What is a Battlefield Airman?
Approximately 4,300 personnel in six AFSCs are considered Battlefield Airmen: Special Tactics Officer, Combat Control, Special Operations Weather, Combat Rescue Officer, Pararescue, and Tactical Air Control Party. BA operate as surface combatants removed from traditional airbase support, often under austere conditions and may employ alone or as part of an AF, joint, interagency or coalition force to support Combatant Commander Objectives.

What is the study about?
In FY12 the AF Fitness Testing and Standards Unit initiated a Tier 2 effort to develop and validate science-based tests and standards for BA. While the study was underway, the SecDef mandated that ground combat positions should be open to women - the Women in the Services Review (WISR); the Tier 2 Study will also meet the WISR requirements set out by the SecDef mandate.

Back