TACP slots

Sage eggleston

Unverified
I spoke to my recruiter and I was told that the Air Force isnt hiring TACP's and that EOD and PJ are the only special operation available. Is this accurate or are there still spots available? In all honesty I'm new to the military world and have been doing as much research to try and understand how the selection process works. Could someone give me some guidance or point/link me to where my question is answered?

The search function is your friend. AirForce.com is your friend. Self reliance is a required attribute for any SOF unit.

Find another recruiter, and make sure you have the required ASVAB scores to even go to selection for TACP in Basic.
Thank you for replying I do appreciate it. On the websight I do see the TACP career field info I was more so asking if there is some where I could check on the status or availablity on TACP. Also may I ask what getting a new recruiter might help in your opinion?

Also I had interest in SOWT do you know if there is a possibility of me having a shot for this year?

You're asking us questions that your recruiter will know. If they aren't/can't offer what you want then you wait or find another recruiter.

Find another recruiter, and make sure you have the required ASVAB scores to even go to selection for TACP in Basic.
Getting into selection requires being entry classified. Although TACP may accept entry classification of recruits going through BMT with a General aptitude area enlistment contract (unlikely), most new recruits going through BMT getting into the required TACP preparatory Couse get there as a result of holding a GTEP enlistment agreement for TACP.

Same is true for SOWT.

Additionally Air Force Recruiting Service has policies in place preventing the potential recruit shopping for a different recruiter outside of the recruiting area the potential recruit lives in. Going to another recruiter in the local recruiting office generally is futile action in situations and circumstances of being told by an Air Force recruiter the Air Force isnt hiring TACP's and that EOD and PJ are the only special operation available.

I spoke to my recruiter and I was told that the Air Force isnt hiring TACP's and that EOD and PJ are the only special operation available. Is this accurate or are there still spots available? In all honesty I'm new to the military world and have been doing as much research to try and understand how the selection process works. Could someone give me some guidance or point/link me to where my question is answered?

I am working with a recruiter now and TACP is open. I don't know if that fact that I am prior service means anything but it is open.

Prior service get enlisted through use of a job drop quota that is coded differently than used for no=prior service enlisted job drop quotas. July starts the 4th quarter of the fiscal year. Suggest you ask the recruiter specificallyif the job drop included prior service quotas.

Back