The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

Wait a second. His highness said he would end the war in Afghanistan.

Yeah, but that was before he had to actually deal with the situation and not just spout rhetoric about it. A common problem among politicians of all flavors that they can rarely put into action what they so vociferously advocate for.

Maybe I'll get another deployment after all! :thumbsup:
Lots of people here are sweating that. I just remember October 2001, being stuck OCONUS and thinking, "Damn, the war is going to be over before I get in the fight!" 15 years and seven deployments later...

Remember, Obama likes it when there are no boots on the ground. Advisers, technicians, instructors, planners, organizers, medical personnel, military police, SOF, sure.....but no boots on the ground.

Wait a second. His highness said he would end the war in Afghanistan.

His major concerns start with what to have for breakfast, then on to the golf course. So he misss a few meetings, after all who really cares? He ends has concerns with how diner was, then a basketball game on the tube with a classified number of beers before bed.

His major concerns start with what to have for breakfast, then on to the golf course. So he misss a few meetings, after all who really cares? He ends has concerns with how diner was, then a basketball game on the tube with a classified number of beers before bed.

Don't forget the $2 mil family weekend...at taxpayer expense mind you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/w...retreat-under-pressure-from-taliban.html?_r=0

LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan — The last of the Afghan forces have pulled out of the strategic district of Musa Qala in southern Helmand Province, officials said on Saturday, months after the Taliban overran most of the district and kept them holed up in desert outposts.

The retreat, which had many politicians here mystified, was the latest blow to a province that had been teetering for months. Now, the resurgent Taliban insurgents either control or are contesting 10 of its 14 districts, extending the fighting to Babaji, a suburb so close to the provincial capital that residents of the city could hear the clashes at night.

"Mystified?" Your army sucks, the Taliban's kicked your ass at every available opportunity, and if the US pulled out entirely your country wouldn't last a year. Mystified? Stop fucking little boys, robbing the country, planning your retirement to Qatar, and wake up....your country is a toxic waste dump on fire. I'd rather live in Westeros than Afghanistan. hrod22@clintonemail.com is more secure than your toilet of a country.

What a colossal waste of American lives. Our servicemen did what was asked but politicians lost he war. Yet another example of why military service should be a REQUIREMENT for POTUS.

What a colossal waste of American lives. Our servicemen did what was asked but politicians lost he war.

Leadership in uniform and out. Most field grades/ GO's did as much damage as the Taliban. Some of that was probably driven by poor civilian leadership, but commanders shit the bed regardless. Past the company level the wheels fell off.

Back