The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

Afghanistan may be collapsing, but the ANA is about to drop the hottest track of 2016

I wonder if they will be so "gangsta soldier" when the Tali is standing over them with their butcher blades. I don't think I would be putting video on YouTube like this, especially knowing the "American's" like to leave countries and their soldier high and dry since Vietnam.

I want someone to marry that song up with the footage of the ANA doing the side straddle hop.

I wonder if they will be so "gangsta soldier" when the Tali is standing over them with their butcher blades. I don't think I would be putting video on YouTube like this, especially knowing the "American's" like to leave countries and their soldier high and dry since Vietnam.

It's a sad truth. It kind of amazes me that people join with us at all. The Kurds are feeling that pain now with us encouraging them on one hand and allowing Turkey to fuck them up on the other, it's like some sick psychological game.

According to the AP more than a dozen service members will be reprimanded for the DWB strike in Kunduz.

More than 12 punished for mistaken Afghan hospital attack

The punishments, which have not been publicly announced, are largely administrative. But in some cases the actions, such as letters of reprimand, are tough enough to effectively end chances for further promotion. The military has previously said some personnel were suspended from their duties but has given no further details.

The disciplined include both officers and enlisted personnel, but officials said none are generals.

The officials, who were not authorized to discuss the outcomes publicly and so spoke on condition of anonymity, said the disciplinary process is nearly complete. It is derived from a military investigation of the Oct. 3, 2015, attack, the results of which are expected to be made public in a partially redacted form in coming days.

Where does Paki (ironic name for a Pashtun state) get their money from?

Since 9/11 the US has allocated about 25 billion for that miserable toilet with actual expenditures over 19 billion (they were at that number as of 2012 or 2013).

As you know, there were few Coalition casualties that couldn't be traced directly or indirectly to the PK government's funding/ support/ training of the Taliban, Haqqanis, and whoever else they've aided. I would throw a party if that entire country were ever incinerated.

I don't even hate Nickelback as much as I hate Pakistan and we did it to ourselves.

@lindy
According to the IG report the blame is on DEA, it doesn't mention who specifically was in charge of the program other than that it got approved by a top official within DEA. Either way the people that get screwed are American tax payers.

Page 35 is the conclusion.
Conclusion

"We believe that the more than $86 million spent on the purchase and modification of the DEA’s ATR 500 aircraft with advanced surveillance capabilities to support the DEA’s counternarcotics mission in Afghanistan has been an ineffective and wasteful use of government resources. As one of the two key stakeholders in the Global Discovery program, the DEA failed to properly oversee and protect its interests and those of the American taxpayer, and to ensure the program met established timelines, goals and objectives, and anticipated costs."

Request Rejected
The link won't work for the OIG report but it's connected to the CNN link I put up.

I never thought I could say this about $86 million, but given the waste in Afghanistan that's like complaining about an unpaid parking ticket. That war is NOTHING but one bloody (in the literal, not English sense) case of fraud, waste, and abuse. This board has known and screamed about it for years now so this is just one more bullet statement on a lengthy Powerpoint so to speak.

Terrorists killing terrorists = good. But the fact they can be in open war with each other in a country we've been trying to stabilize for 15 years... not good.

It speaks volumes about our success there yet careers were built upon that...success.

Update -

I'm very interested to read from those of you more closely looped in, whether you think the outcome was appropriate?

16 Blamed for Mistakes in Deadly US Attack on Afghan Clinic

While I am glad that no Americans are going to jail, being prosecuted, or even being officially fired, it frustrates me to no end the inconsistency to which our military handles these international situations. A Marine pisses on a dead Taliban and he gets courtmartialed, meanwhile "something" happens to cause the death of 42 people in a hospital, and the 16 involved get the equivalent of an NJP.

Obviously I am not wishing worse on the 16 involved, but fuck. My perception is that the more social media attention a story gets actually has a factor in how the military will treat something. I genuinely believe that had there been video from the hospital of it being hit, and then the immediate aftermath, the outcome for those involved would had been different.

Back