The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

What is happening inside the Afghan resistance?

^ I'll take "things I don't care about" for $2.3 trillion and a whole lotta IDGAF, Alex.

Alex Trebek Yes GIF by Jeopardy!

...ok I guess I do care a little, since I read the article. Some thoughts:

“The only reason Afghans aren’t standing up against the Taliban right now is the perception that the Taliban are supported by the U.S.”

Where was the "resistance" when THE AMERICANS WERE STILL THERE and the Afghan .gov was "supported by the U.S.?" Yeah... you were where everyone else was, grabbing all you could get and trying to GTFO with it. Cool.

“Our message to the international community is that the conflict in Afghanistan isn’t an isolated one,” Nazary said. “We are not fighting an internal war. We are not fighting a civil war. We’re continuing the Global War on Terrorism. The NRF is not only fighting against the Taliban, we’re fighting against all terrorist groups...

Oh, it's not a civil war but everyone's fighting everyone? Yeah, that sounds about par for the course.

And GWOT? lol (laughs in democratic peace theory) that term went out the window in the first year of the Obama administration. 2013 called and wants its foreign policy back.

There is no "resistance" in Afghanistan. There are a bunch of warlords fighting for their share of the opium and control of natural resources. And for their share of the worldwide weapons market that the Americans dropped into their laps.

That was Afghanistan before we got there. That was Afghanistan the whole time we were there. And that is Afghanistan now and in the future.

I don’t give two dirty paktols about your “resistance.”

Last edited:

^ I'll take "things I don't care about" for $2.3 trillion and a whole lotta IDGAF, Alex.

I'm sorry... but what the FUCK did you just say?

Bitch where was the "resistance" when THE AMERICANS WERE STILL THERE and the Afghan .gov was "supported by the U.S.?" Yeah... you were where everyone else was, grabbing all you could get and trying to GTFO with it. Cool.

Oh, it's not a civil war but everyone's fighting everyone? Yeah, that sounds about par for the course.

And GWOT? lol (laughs in democratic peace theory) that term went out the window in the first year of the Obama administration. 2013 called and wants its foreign policy back.

There is no "resistance" in Afghanistan. There are a bunch of warlords fighting for their share of the opium and control of natural resources. And for their share of the worldwide weapons market that the Americans dropped into their laps.

That was Afghanistan before we got there. That was Afghanistan the whole time we were there. And that is Afghanistan now and in the future.

Fuck you and your "resistance."

Have a drink....

Of course you are right. It is what it is.

“Is not connected to the corruption of the former Afghan Republic”

Dear 8 pound, 6 ounces, newborn infant Jesus, don't even know a word yet,
lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors…

An Afghan warlord that has no ties to the corruption that has been ingrained in his culture for thousands of years had arisen - and now he is ready to take up the mantle of his legendary father - who was a leader is the former Afghan republic

Well, then that's what you need to do Mr Massiud. You don't need to think.
You need to fight,
You need war.
You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine.
You need to fire it up.
You need to grab a hold of that line between peace and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra!
-And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it.
-And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years.
-And it is good.
-And you use it.
-And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, Ahmad.
You WIN!
And you don't win for anybody else.
You win for you, you know why?
Because a man takes what he wants.
He takes it all.
And you're a man, aren't you?
Aren't you?

…aaaand, I’m spent

Where was the "resistance" when THE AMERICANS WERE STILL THERE and the Afghan .gov was "supported by the U.S.?" Yeah... you were where everyone else was, grabbing all you could get and trying to GTFO with it. Cool.

I'll be frank, Jeff Schogol is not a journalist. He's a DoD Establishment shill.

Most of the former Cru 222, NSU, ANA Commandos did actually do a lot of fighting. Most of them outside of Kabul when we pulled out are probably dead, to the last man, to the last bullet. There was plenty of footage of Mazar and some of the other last cities as they fell.

They were effective at countering the Taliban all over the place. The main problem is there was nowhere near enough of them. Panjshir had something like 600,000 inhabitants. Be tough for them to push much beyond their own areas, but I'd still like to see them get something. IDK, maybe airdrop a few pallets of weapons, ammo and cash every month or so?

At 05:30 is the crux of it. "Kinda mighta been people who got into it."
That server was backed up. Period.

You beat me to it, I listened to that portion on the drive in to work. I'm thinking "that makes sense, why they wiped the server" and then some people might have seen its contents? Never thought I'd say this, but where is a Snowdon when we need them?

I work with a lady who is a former CIA and later NSA cyber analyst. When I told her about some of Adams' story she wasn't surprised. She'd never personally witnessed anything, but her coworkers were involved in questionable summaries and position papers or whatever. She had supervisors who were promoted up the chain with zero analyst experience. Not cyber, but ANYTHING related to analysis. I think she said one lady was a former librarian or facilities or something stupid like those.

You beat me to it, I listened to that portion on the drive in to work. I'm thinking "that makes sense, why they wiped the server" and then some people might have seen its contents? Never thought I'd say this, but where is a Snowdon when we need them?

I work with a lady who is a former CIA and later NSA cyber analyst. When I told her about some of Adams' story she wasn't surprised. She'd never personally witnessed anything, but her coworkers were involved in questionable summaries and position papers or whatever. She had supervisors who were promoted up the chain with zero analyst experience. Not cyber, but ANYTHING related to analysis. I think she said one lady was a former librarian or facilities or something stupid like those.

From what I understand that is not unusual for those climbing the career ladder. The operations side will get managers who have zero operational experience. Why the IC is so fucked up now makes so much more sense.

Don't even need a Snowden. Just find the safe deposit box the Clinton Foundation uses. Backup is in there. At least one of them.

And if I disappear suddenly, you know what happened to me.

Back