The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

I'm glad he's dead, but I can't help but think "Oh good, another terrorist that the world has forgotten about and who has probably had little operational relevance for decades has been brought down. Can you now please bring down my inflation, the border surge, and violent crime? k thx."

I'm just in awe that Biden approved 2 hellfires to strike downtown Kabul. Even if there's no American's on the ground.
I am in awe that he was awake to approve the strike at 9 pm on a weekday.

I'm glad he's dead, but I can't help but think "Oh good, another terrorist that the world has forgotten about and who has probably had little operational relevance for decades has been brought down. Can you now please bring down my inflation, the border surge, and violent crime? k thx."
This. All of this.

I say this as a guy who has a *lot* of unfinished business in that area of the world. I guess I will have more to talk to the therapist about, but whatever. One strike from the agency on an irrelevant shit head doesn't change the state of the world, and only a very small group of people actually care about this. But hey, it's nice to be in the "in-group" for once.

I am neither glad nor reflective about this guy's death. It's just business.

America: Develops Edward Scissorhands missiles deployed by pre-Skynet infrastructure using the same intel gathering technology used to circumvent our own Constitution.

Also America: Gets stomped by rock farmers who think a goat's ass is worth fucking.

America: Develops Edward Scissorhands missiles deployed by pre-Skynet infrastructure using the same intel gathering technology used to circumvent our own Constitution.

Also America: Gets stomped by rock farmers who think a goat's ass is worth fucking.
I stopped using traditional metrics for “winning” a war a couple years ago.

I now go by COD metrics. Our kill/death ratio for the GWOT was outstanding. I’ll take that as a win.

Back