The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

Last edited:
Our people could’ve killed him then. The AQ truce was total bullshit. The failure to send a Ranger blocking force was bullshit. The war could’ve been shortened. Lives saved. All the twenty futile winning hearts and minds nation-building multi-tasking we don’t really know what we want to do here years could’ve been avoided or greatly curtailed.

Tommy Franks was too busy enjoying his celebrity status, roaring out of MacDill with his entourage of black Suburbans to glad-hand the rich housewives on Bayshore waving their flags. Don’t have much respect for him after what I saw. None at all for Rumsfeld.

Biden knew press was going to 'kill' him over Afghanistan withdrawal

'I'm f***ed no matter what I say': Biden knew the press was going to 'kill' him after announcing Afghanistan withdrawal and fell into 'deep sadness' after Gold Star families turned on him at Dover​

Yes Mr. President, you are indeed "fucked no matter what you say." Because there is nothing you are willing to say that will make up for the giant cluster fuck you caused. But you could start by saying "Hey, I fucked up that whole thing, and I apologize."

Not to worry though, no one's going to be held accountable for Afghanistan, least of all you.

Yes Mr. President, you are indeed "fucked no matter what you say." Because there is nothing you are willing to say that will make up for the giant cluster fuck you caused. But you could start by saying "Hey, I fucked up that whole thing, and I apologize."

Not to worry though, no one's going to be held accountable for Afghanistan, least of all you.

Blinken or Austin should have hit the bricks over that debacle, but like you said there's no accountability.

ETA: spelling

Last edited:

Well, his son died of cancer, then his other son snagged that son's wife. Perhaps he shouldn't bring up his as a way to show an understanding of grief after he ordered someone's loved one to secure an airfield. He should have said nothing other than "I'm sorry for your loss, and this nation mourns the loss and is forever in your family's debt". Then he should have extricate himself. But his handlers suck at life.

US military bases that housed Afghan evacuees suffered $260 million in damage

Averages out to $2100 in damages per refugee. On top of food, transportation, health care, clothing, and other services.

Heads should have rolled over the whole catastrophe, from the top down. But one thing I've noticed is there's zero accountability for "leadership" on the new Left. Both in the US and Canada. Especially when the clowns in charge are no longer running the show. The pandemic was the last straw in giving bureaucrats, across the board; power's they should have never had.

Not to be a dick, but this is the EXACT same scenario that played out when the Russians left. The Afghan response is only "new" or "shocking" to those without a basic understanding of history.

Americans are so undereducated it is embarrassing.
I think the main difference is that the Russians didn't bring 120,000 Afghans home with them after the war.

Back