The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

101 dead now, mostly police and security services. I remember reading of a schism between these various Taliban groups over targeting civilians. There was a faction that wanted to limit strikes to military/police/security targets.

Whatever. Situation normal, all fucked up.
Ironic that the Taliban is targeting the Pakistani government.

Ironic that the Taliban is targeting the Pakistani government.
The Afghan Taliban is the "good" Taliban according to Pakistan. The Pakistan Taliban have regularly attacked targets inside Pakistan, and in fact exist to destroy the .gov of Pakistan. They pay lip service to the Afghan Taliban (like the Haqqani Network) but operate more or less independently (like the HQN).

Pakistani Taliban - Wikipedia

The Afghan Taliban is the "good" Taliban according to Pakistan. The Pakistan Taliban have regularly attacked targets inside Pakistan, and in fact exist to destroy the .gov of Pakistan. They pay lip service to the Afghan Taliban (like the Haqqani Network) but operate more or less independently (like the HQN).

Yep, the Kunduz Airlift was a good idea.

Something about right wing and left wing are attached to the same bird....

Somewhere on here at some point I had mentioned my own ties to Pakistan (my sister's former husband is Paki, though of his 70 years or so he's been in the west 50 of them). I have not spoke to him or his family in over 20 years, but my nephew is still in regular contact. And my nephew is a .civ intel analyst with a company that is contracted with the DIA. Y'all had my curiosity, now you have my attention, and I am going to reach out to my nephew to see what the Paki family knows or feels about the Paki Taliban.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the White House 12-pager that went out that is just Biden Administration talking points. Two days ago I learned John Kirby was a a Rear Admiral...when he was at the Pentagon as the Spokeman I thought he did a decent job in that role. His transition to the NSC shows he's a total shit bird. How he attempts to say everything was chill and successful at HKIA is ridiculous.

Remember, the Doha agreement allowed us to pull out of it the moment the Taliban were in violation of it, which they were the moment it was signed. Also, it was negotiated without the Afghan government.

What a joke of an administration.

Back