The "Fake Racism" Thread

Aside from the lying and melodrama I totally understand being scared and nervous when you get pulled over.

Tickets are expensive O_o

I am outraged...
...all the way to my bones.

Look and see for yourselves..................

Circle Finger.jpg

swat_signals.jpg

I wish I could post snaps on here. My buddy (one of a handful of black dudes in Batt) had a running gag during MLAT this year where, in full kit, on the airfield or even on the bird, he was throwing the “circle” to privates and the camera. Unprofessional? Maybe. Funny? Yes. Racist? Naw.

This one was too easy.

To sum up: a waiter with the first name of "Khalil" said some Islamophobe racist left zero tip, and a message "We don't tip terrorist" (sic) on the check.

we don't tip terrorists.jpg

The knee-jerk over-reaction of the restaurant owner was to publicly side with the waiter and "ban" the racist diner. And because we live in an outrage-based culture, the story went national, and then the attention and money started pouring in.

Problems: too convenient. No witnesses. Owner of restaurant refused to name the diner. All identifying information in the check redacted. No one compared the waiter's handwriting to the handwriting on the check.

...and then...

Waiter made up story about 'racist' tipper: restaurant

Just FYI re the OP:

My youngest kid--who's been the frequent victim of his older brother--says it's called the "circle game." You make the circle with your fingers and hold it somewhere not too obvious. If your "victim" notices it, you give him "the neck", i.e., you flick your finger against his neck...if he notices the circle and manages to stick his index finger through the circle before you notice him noticing, he gets to give you the neck.

Original article before the facts came out, with the predictable comments:
Customer who left "we don't tip terrorist" message banned from Texas restaurant

And now you know...the rest of the story:
Texas waiter faked "we don't tip terrorist" note on receipt, restaurant says
Saltgrass originally said it had banned the customer blamed for the message. But now, the restaurant's corporate office says it has learned the story was a hoax.

"After further investigation, we have learned that our employee fabricated the entire story," Terry Turney, COO of Saltgrass Steak House, told the Odessa American in a statement. "The customer has been contacted and invited back to our restaurant to dine on us. Racism of any form is intolerable, and we will always act swiftly should it occur in any of our establishments.

"Falsely accusing someone of racism is equaling disturbing," Turney said.

Cavil also admitted to newspaper that he wrote the "we don't tip terrorist" note himself.

"I did write it," Cavil told the Odessa American. "I don't have an explanation. I made a mistake. There is no excuse for what I did."

After sharing his post on Facebook, Cavil had received monetary donations, which he told the newspaper is now being returned.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 8.00.04 AM.png

"I did write it," Cavil told the Odessa American. "I don't have an explanation..."

If I'd been the customer, oh man, I would so be lawyering up right now. Big Al's Texas Steakhouse.

The biggest act of terrorism here has been against the English language. There is so much wrong with that little four word sentence.

Back