The Home Buying / Selling Thread

We have been looking for a house for months in this crazy market. We have been "second best" offer more times than I care to think about. Until yesterday. We finally found the perfect house in our target area AND had our offer on it accepted. 24 hours later and I can still hardly believe it!

We have been looking for a house for months in this crazy market. We have been "second best" offer more times than I care to think about. Until yesterday. We finally found the perfect house in our target area AND had our offer on it accepted. 24 hours later and I can still hardly believe it!
Congratulations on the achievement. It’s a tough market out there. Hopefully things will slow down a bit in the future.

My youngest left the Naval Surface Warfare Center for a job with a defense contractor pretty near to us. He wants to buy a house but the houses he's looked at are shitty and cost more than 300-grand.

So he's crashing here...and he needs to clean up his fucking room. It looks like a frag went off up there.

Meta, The parent of Facebook, is moving a very large office to my town, local experts are projecting that we could see housing double over the next 8 years here. They said that we are following the same model at silicon valley followed.

A house in our neighborhood 2/3 the size of our house just sold for $488k.

Meta, The parent of Facebook, is moving a very large office to my town, local experts are projecting that we could see housing double over the next 8 years here. They said that we are following the same model at silicon valley followed.

We had it in an area of the city when a few tech firms moved offices, boosted the whole west loop area. Orlando is starting to see some of the same as a lot of tech companies are realizing that those folks over at a little spot called NASA seem to attract some really bright people who are good at solving esoteric problems. Apple has an unbelievable engineering group there now as do others.

Our house is up to 540 on Zillow. Paid 340 18 months ago. I didn’t know meta was moving here.

Our house is up to 540 on Zillow. Paid 340 18 months ago. I didn’t know meta was moving here.

News re: Meta announced this week.

Meta coming to Durham: Real estate prices could double again in 5-10 years | WRAL TechWire

A co-worker's husband is a tech policy prof at Duke, she said he said that The Triangle is following a pattern that will see the big $ jobs do well, and the lower/middle get squeezed. I just have to hang on until my youngest (11) is out, then I will gladly sell.

Passing gas will do that.

I'm at a guy doing psychiatric NP, ironically a former 18D, He had a job offer halfway through his NP program starting at $170k.

Doc,

Is that really alot though? From the outside looking in it seems like 170 would be about $80K down here in the Freedom City!

I get the feeling when I go up there a few times a year I don't exactly fit in....LOL!!!!!

Doc,

Is that really alot though? From the outside looking in it seems like 170 would be about $80K down here in the Freedom City!

I get the feeling when I go up there a few times a year I don't exactly fit in....LOL!!!!!

170k anywhere in NC is a lot of money. I’m not gonna brag about what CRNA’s can make, but it is a lot. For CRNA’s 170k is a starting point with no OT no call, and no shift differential.

Doc,

A psych nurse practitioner making $170,000, in response to @TLDR20 comment about having a getting a good money job, is high cotton. Most nursing specialties can't sniff that kind of money. Even other nurse practitioners.

Me, my desire to teach and enrich the minds of nurses puts me at the bottom wrung on the ladder of graduate school nursing salaries.

Back