The Israel / Palestine Thread

Jesus Christ man. Cmon.

This might be the most meaningful peace deal in what- decades????

Like I posted elsewhere, Oman and Sudan are in talks with Israel to normalize relations. There is a real possibility you could have 4 Islamic nations recognize Israel this year. That's not even counting the Kosovo-Serbia trade issue, a peace deal with the Taliban, and dropping to under 5k troops in AF and less than 3k in Iraq.

I think Trump should be a very real, legit contender for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Also an executive order to defund all UN agencies that recognize the PA & PLO plus the executive order also calls for withdrawing funding from any organization that “is controlled or substantially influenced by any state that sponsors terrorism.”
To add, the previous incumbent received one for what? Winning an election?

Last edited:
This statement from an article posted earlier is on point:
Netanyahu thanked Trump. "It took us 26 years between the second peace agreement with an Arab country and the third, but only 29 days between the third and the fourth, and there will be more," he said.

I was meaning to add this little rant to my previous post:

Not to keep railing on the media but this is a real problem...

I'm not the biggest fan of the President, primarily as an result of his demeanor, but he still deserves credit where due. I don't know what the media coverage on this has been like in your respective areas but, locally here, there's been virtually none. These agreements are significant and should be near the top of every newscast.

The President even had a scheduled appearance at a university in the northern part of our state yesterday; I assume it took place but don't know for certain because I didn't see any coverage. On the otherhand, Biden's wife stopped by a secondary school a couple days earlier and every outlet had coverage. That's just messed up and lacks any journalistic integrity.

As mentioned, these agreements are significant and noteworthy. You can't ignore it just because you don't like the guy.

@Blizzard , spot on.

Last night, CNN, MSNBC and some others spent all of 2-3 minutes talking about the most historic peace deal in the Middle East since the 70’s, and Don Lemon only gave that time to say the only reason the president wanted the peace prize was because Obama had one.

Absolute fucking clownery.

Nothing to see here, just the UAE's Sec State visiting a Holocaust memorial.

UAE minister vows 'never again' in Berlin Holocaust memorial visit together with Israeli counterpart

Writing in the visitors’ book in Arabic, he called the site “a witness to the fall of a group of human beings who were victims of advocates of extremism and hatred,” and he advocated “the noble human values of co-existence, tolerance, acceptance of others and respect of all religions and beliefs”.

“Never Again,” Sheikh Abdullah added in English - a slogan often taken up by survivors of Nazi Germany’s World War Two genocide to justify actions to protect Israel and the Jewish people.

..some in Israel worry the deal could herald sales of advanced U.S. weaponry to Abu Dhabi that were previously withheld.

Yeah, the UAE wants them some F-35's in a bad way.

So, thinking about the F-35 angle...

The UAE has asked for -35's for several years now. The roadblock has always been Israel. Israel does not want an Arab nation to have comparable technology, Israel always wants a certain level of dominance.

Here's the thing: Arab nations don't give a shit about Israel, especially the GCC. The GCC is Sunni, Iran (their largest threat) is Shia, and the GCC pays lip service to the Palestinian question. The GCC is no more of a threat to Israel than Japan or Canada.

My shallow understanding of foreign aircraft sales: A request is made by the acquiring nation to purchase...we'll use F-16's. Once ITAR and blah, blah are signed off, Lockheed ensures part of the sale includes Lockheed employees are part of the T&C's. 1. Liability and 2. Future sales. "LOL, what?" See, LM doesn't want the locals installing locally-made widgets. LM wants LM-spec parts because crashes cost money in lawsuits and LM doesn't want a program to look bad (and lose future sales) because Pardustan lawn darted a few Vipers. Additionally, F-16's, F-15's, F-35's, etc. are all tailor made to local requirements and ITAR restrictions...all of this is part of the State Department, DoD, and contract negotiations. We want Pardustan to have -16's, but we don't want them capable of carrying SDB's or being quite as good as our CJ models at SEAD/ DEAD or whatever. That's all understood before the first plane is built. Those LM reps inspect all maintenance done on the a/c.

Take the F-35 now. It is networked to hell and back, so the cybersecurity requirements are insane. The internal network requirements and support are insane, and this is all before we talk about maintenance. You are kidding yourself if you think LM techs aren't passing back observations and intel to LM and by default the USG. Oversight of the -35 will make F-16 programs look like nap time at a daycare.

One last thing to consider: The Saudis can't necessarily normalize relations w/ Israel thanks to the Wahibbis. What they can do is wait to see how the UAE negotiations and operations go and then slide into LM's DMs in 10-ish years. The F-35 isn't just a capability, it is a status symbol and the UAE will be a pretty solid litmus test.

The UAE gets -35's if Trump's re-elected. Under Biden? I have no idea.

Right now, the greatest impediment to peace in the Middle East is... (drum roll) Iran.

This also sets the stage for normalization of relations between Jordan and Israel and all of these deals are essentially peace treaties. I stand by my earlier observation that there's no way any of this happens without talking to the Saudis.

Hot take: as long as Iran backs Hamas et. al., the Arab world will not give a tinker's damn about the Palestinians.

Hotter take: time to eject the Houthis from Yemen and remove Iranian influence there. Get the Saudis, UAE, Blackwater in the game, support them with ISR, logistics, tankers, whatever they need.

Right now, the greatest impediment to peace in the Middle East is... (drum roll) Iran.

This also sets the stage for normalization of relations between Jordan and Israel and all of these deals are essentially peace treaties. I stand by my earlier observation that there's no way any of this happens without talking to the Saudis.

Hot take: as long as Iran backs Hamas et. al., the Arab world will not give a tinker's damn about the Palestinians.

Hotter take: time to eject the Houthis from Yemen and remove Iranian influence there. Get the Saudis, UAE, Blackwater in the game, support them with ISR, logistics, tankers, whatever they need.
Things be swift.

Signs Saudis are edging towards historic Israel peace

This should be another W for the POTUS and if he doesn't get the Nobel Peace Prize then it's bullshit.

Things be swift.

Signs Saudis are edging towards historic Israel peace

This should be another W for the POTUS and if he doesn't get the Nobel Peace Prize then it's bullshit.

Too late:

The Nobel Peace Prize 2020

The Nobel Peace Prize 2020 was awarded to World Food Programme (WFP) "for its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict."

The WFP is a United Nations organization...

Too late:

The Nobel Peace Prize 2020

The WFP is a United Nations organization...
What a fucking joke.

I still can't believe we had a president get a Nobel prize for his "potential" (err why do I think it had nothing to do with his "potential") and a president that is actually getting peace deals done just gets shat on?

Fuck.

Back