The Israel / Palestine Thread

I was on another forum, there's a section that is sport specific and then another that is like our general discussion, but it's rampant with leftists, they are nuts. This is how "libtard" (sorry, the best way to explain it) they are:

It's likely Pompeo will be indicted before 2024. Even if he isn't, he has very little chance of taking over for Trump.

Like seriously, if Hilary didn't go to jail, nothing Pompeo has done is remotely near her.

I was on another forum, there's a section that is sport specific and then another that is like our general discussion, but it's rampant with leftists, they are nuts. This is how "libtard" (sorry, the best way to explain it) they are:

Like seriously, if Hilary didn't go to jail, nothing Pompeo has done is remotely near her.
Why would they think Pompeo is "taking over for Trump?"

I look forward to Biden trying to lead "lock him up" chants

Not a big deal at all...

In threat to Iran, US sends heavy bombers to Middle East via Israel

The United States this week rapidly deployed several heavy bombers to the Middle East this week in an apparent threat to Iran, amid swirling speculation that US President Donald Trump plans to take military action against Tehran before President-elect Joe Biden enters office.

US Central Command said the planes were sent into the region “to deter aggression and reassure US partners and allies.”

In a highly irregular move, the B-52H Stratofortress planes were seen flying toward Israeli airspace on Saturday en route to the base where they will be stationed, likely in Qatar. The aircraft were spotted on civilian tracking software approaching Israel before they apparently turned off their transponders, rendering them invisible on those applications.

None of this matters though under the Harris-Biden administration.

Biden aide on UAE F-35 sale: Only Israel was meant to have those jets in region

“The Obama-Biden administration made those planes available to Israel and only Israel in the region,” said Blinken, who served as Biden’s national security adviser, deputy NSA to the president and deputy secretary of state during the Obama administration.

He said that in order to preserve Israel’s qualitative military edge as current US law requires, a Biden administration would have to “take a hard look” at the F-35 sale, which the White House notified Congress of last week.

If you'll recall an earlier post of mine, Israel does not object to the sale of F-35's to the UAE.

Fortunately, I think some of the work already done will not be undone. For example, I don't see a new administration moving the US Embassy out of Jerusalem. But it's likely that some things, like Palestinian funding, might be re-visited. And I'm interested to see what new concessions will be made to the Palestinians, and what those impacts will be.

Same Forum as yesterday...apparently people don't understand that arms deals get approved by Congress.

Pompeo did a questionable 8 billion dollar arms deal with the Saudis. When the state department IG started investigating Pompeo fired him. Congress issued subpoenas to investigate, Pompeo ordered people at State not to comply. I'm looking forward to what the new Sec. and IG find. Don't think it is going to turn out well for Pompeo. This is just one example. So yea I think there are quite a few people in Trumps administration that are going to feel the weight of Justice.

Some people are really naive, the Trump administration giving Palestinians nothing is what has really pushed this forward.
Seriously? The normalization of relations with Israel is the result of decades of work by multiple administrations. It is also naïve to call them peace deals as they were not at war and some of what is pushing them together is their mutual hatred, and desire to strike, Iran.

Same Forum as yesterday...apparently people don't understand that arms deals get approved by Congress.

Some people are really naive, the Trump administration giving Palestinians nothing is what has really pushed this forward.

People are stupid, but you know this already. Sadly, those morons vote. I can get behind an educated person with a difference of opinion, but not someone who blindly charges into an emotional abyss.

People are stupid, but you know this already. Sadly, those morons vote. I can get behind an educated person with a difference of opinion, but not someone who blindly charges into an emotional abyss.

IMO, as a whole people are greedy, violent, stupid, and easily (mis)led. What I've seen in the election and COVID crisis reinforces this opinion.

Back