The Marine Corps Celebrates Pride Month

From a performance athletics perspective? It does nothing to generate a performance culture. Just like the copyright infringement by the Marine Corps does nothing to generate a culture of meat eating killing machines.
What if it gets a couple queer people of both biological genders to enlist? I’m still in and we are hurting for people. I’m ok with reaching out to Non-traditional groups to get good people.

As far as athletic performance- who cares? If I was getting paid $2 million a year I’d throw rainbow laces on. Is it lame consumerism? Yes. Does it reflect my “I don’t care just do your job” attitude at no harm to me? Also yes. Who cares. Wear the rainbows.

Side note- you don’t want to wear them, don’t fine them. Who fucking cares

Last edited by a moderator:
IDGAF who joins, and why. IDGAF what one's sexual preference is. Hell, like goats? On your own time, fine. Kinky but OK.

My issue, only issue, is elevation of any group for recognition or celebration. Have pride because you are fill-in-the-blank? Great, you should. But it has become less and less about "us" (esp in the military) and more about "separate but equal" or even "more equal than others."

Every 'special group' that wants recognition in the name of diversity and inclusiveness, all it's doing is making society exclusive.

"Every 'special group' that wants recognition in the name of diversity and inclusiveness, all it's doing is making society exclusive."

There it is.

Congress repealed ’don‘t ask, don‘t tell’ in 2011. The Marine Corps PAO supports all other monthly recognition events. Nothing to see here as far as I‘m concerned. I‘m not sure I would have chosen a movie where a recruit murders a drill instructor though.

Congress repealed ’don‘t ask, don‘t tell’ in 2011. The Marine Corps PAO supports all other monthly recognition events. Nothing to see here as far as I‘m concerned. I‘m not sure I would have chosen a movie where a recruit murders a drill instructor though.

But do they, Sir? This list is not even inclusive of all the recognized months. The second link is a bit longer.

List of month-long observances - Wikipedia

Awareness Archives

But, it doesn't matter what I think. I have no 'in' with HQMC so I joust at my windmills and move on.

My daughter is a lesbian with zero interest to serve. With that said, I support the LGB...(T and all of the other letters require a discussion outside of this thread) community. Gay and want to serve/ die for your country, I am 100% onboard.

I support posters like the one above, but we should think about second and third order effects. It is fantastic for the Corps to show its support for the LGB* community, but other aspects are at play even if unintentionally. Not only does it show support for the community, it also sends a message to bigots who have an issue with the community; their bullshit will not be tolerated.

Campaigns like this are a dual-edged sword. There is a very fine line between support and pandering.

The Corps' campaign is one or the other depending upon one's view. Regardless, LGB's should be allowed to have a life without reprisal. "Ads" like this are a good thing, but people should be aware that pandering can happen and always hovers on the periphery.

At the end of the day, LGB's should be able to serve our country without any ill effects. If a guy wants to suck another dude's dick, but is willing to troll for IED's down MSR Tampa or walk a patrol in the Korengal? Sign him up. All day, every day, twice on Sunday. Our citizens are just that: citizens. Our Constitution does not differentiate, nor do our enemies.

They do the big ones. We in the active component live in a world of policies and directives not opinions and options.

2022 LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH

Yes, I know (re: living in a world of policies and directives and not opinions and options). I do too. Hence my quote "it doesn't matter what I think."

When I was in I did not agree with every directive and policy; nor do I agree with them where I work now. But that's life.

Back