The NFL, Kneeling, Ratings, and the Flag

Readers Digest translation for those who don't want to try to decipher his corporate speak:
"Come on guys. People watch us on Sunday to escape this shit and see good football...if you keep this up, you could really fuck up the good things we've got going. PLEASE....stop the kneeling shit, we'll figure something else out to keep the conversation going".

Kaepernick actually donates a bunch of his time and money to youth programs while continuing his protest.

Look, America complains about violence from BLM, and protesters blocking traffic, and myriad other things that distract from the message. People say, "Why can't you follow the example of MLK and protest peacefully?" So NFL players go ahead and do that, and people still lose their minds. It's literally the most peaceful form of protest and America still isn't good with it. I mean, what good is a protest if it doesn't generate some measure of controversy? What are black activists supposed to do? Ask nicely?

I would ask what discriminatory law are they protesting? Rosa Parks was protesting a law prohibiting anyone but whites to sit in the front of the bus. Name one law that currently discrimates against anyone on the color of their skin? I'll help you out and give you the one and only one, affirmative action.

I would ask what discriminatory law are they protesting? Rosa Parks was protesting a law prohibiting anyone but whites to sit in the front of the bus. Name one law that currently discrimates against anyone on the color of their skin? I'll help you out and give you the one and only one, affirmative action.

I think this is a great example of why the first amendment exists 'you can't protest because I don't agree with whatever it is you're protesting about.'

Other than losing his job to Blaine Gabbert...I don't think he was protesting jack until the cameras trained on him and now it's become a hullabaloo where the people who pay the bills have told the players to get bent. Being from the North is cool, but the vast majority of people expect the gladiators to perform or the emperor to turn his thumb down.

I think what they (the ones capable of thinking for themselves) are protesting is, the unequal enforcement of the law, not necessarily specific laws.

Last edited:
Kaepernick actually donates a bunch of his time and money to youth programs while continuing his protest.

Look, America complains about violence from BLM, and protesters blocking traffic, and myriad other things that distract from the message. People say, "Why can't you follow the example of MLK and protest peacefully?" So NFL players go ahead and do that, and people still lose their minds. It's literally the most peaceful form of protest and America still isn't good with it. I mean, what good is a protest if it doesn't generate some measure of controversy? What are black activists supposed to do? Ask nicely?

Because I think it is a disgusting act to kneel during our National Anthem that is why. It is unpatriotic. It is filth. It is morally wrong to do. It spits in the face of the men and women who serve. It spits on the graves of those who have died serving and protecting this nation; further protecting the rights and freedoms we have as American citizens.

Fuck people who kneel.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back