They came, they saw, then left the Afghan war without a single mission

You're replacing a jimpy with a fucking 5.56? :doh: fuck!

When will those cunts learn?

Tell me about the SLRs!! best rifle ever fielded IMO, I love that rifle!
When I was up in hobsonville/papakura for some training I talked to some squadron guys and at that point in time they had totally discarded the SLR which I thought was insane. WTF do I know I was only a section cmdr /squad leader. :uhh:

I was lucky enough to fire a Bren along with a WWII Soviet Maxim with little wheels and an MG-34 at Trentham before a friend passed away and his collection was auctioned, deadly accurate but bugger all beaten zone.

I remember being cracked with an aiming post for firing an SFMG like that.

ASAFFS for SF and HMG is 50mils nowadays so if we set the gunline up 1km away we can have supporting fire in training 50m forward of assaulting troops, they get a bit twitchy about overhead fire though. Might have something to do with some asshole forgetting to put a charge bag an 81mm HE.
We still carry one C9 and a light role Mag 58 in each section but will be changing to two MG-4 when the come into service.

Did you see the SLRs the armorers slicked up for the groupies in Astan Pardus?

Nope, the one we were shown was a 7.62mm with a para stock. I just googled it and the H&K MG-4 looks nothing like what we are getting. The new one looks like a C9 para. I either confused myself or some idiot from DTA knows sweet F all. Sorry mate.

That decision bit them in the arse. They pulled SLRs out of war stocks, put mil std rails, Acogs, bipods and suppressors on them and sent them overseas.

There was a picture in the army news a few years back attached to a recruiting blurb for them which showed it. Only picture I've seen of it so far and it looked very snazzy. I suppose AF has those big open spaces that 7.62 is helpful on.

Nice vid, Pardus. I generally avoid talking about the 50 with the ex navy guy on my team for the same reason- it "bars him up" and that's not something I want to be around :D

Nope, the one we were shown was a 7.62mm with a para stock. I just googled it and the H&K MG-4 looks nothing like what we are getting. The new one looks like a C9 para. I either confused myself or some idiot from DTA knows sweet F all. Sorry mate.

That decision bit them in the arse. They pulled SLRs out of war stocks, put mil std rails, Acogs, bipods and suppressors on them and sent them overseas.

Ah that's great! Awesome!

Ha, just because it's old doesnt mean it don't work! ;)

Nice to hear the SLR is back! :cool

Back