This is why I'm not Airborne

AIRFIELDS AIRFIELDS AIRFIELDS tarmac is your friend, its better than a runway light enema or a antenna farm hotdog skewer...

Very true brother. Very true....or eating an F.L.A.(ambulance for DZ coverage) with you're face when the winds change because 44th. Med (not Division medics) cannot re-position said FLA. (I can neither confirm nor deny that ever happened to me)...but it hurt.

F.M.

So JV. High winds always require landing in trees: the vast network of branches capture the 'chute and prevent this very thing from happening.

@Ranger Psych "Airfields":wall:...pfft. You gotta think outside of the box and use your environment. Ever notice that airfields are typically devoid of trees?

My God, next you'll start preaching the benefits of PLFs! Tree landings do not require PLFs.:p

True story: Drop from Huey's onto DZ in LeJeune onto dry, hard dirt. One guy did not perform PLF correctly. Injured his back. He couldn't get up and was in a pile of very tall grass. He pops smoke to signal he is injured and to locate his poz.

Did I mention that it was a very dry month with tall, very dry grass?

True story: Drop from Huey's onto DZ in LeJeune onto dry, hard dirt. One guy did not perform PLF correctly. Injured his back. He couldn't get up and was in a pile of very tall grass. He pops smoke to signal he is injured and to locate his poz.

Did I mention that it was a very dry month with tall, very dry grass?

Marine BBQ.... smells just like pork, doesn't it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wall:

So, did you recover fully?:-"

Softest landing for me was a night resupply mission in Ft McCoy WI. About 4ft of soft snow, I just sat down (had no choice) when I landed. Getting the sled with MRE's and other shit out sucked balls, but the landing was nice.

Back