Thought Exercise: Would You Rather Fight One Horse-Sized Duck Or 100 Duck-Sized Horses?

Which would you rather fight, one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

• horse-sized duck

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • 100 duck-sized horses

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
But you only have to worry about a handful at a time or else they get in the way of each other, rendering their attack useless.

It's a lot like fighting the Taliban; they make little nips and are easily swattable, but since there's a near-unending-supply of them (thanks Pakistan) then they'll wear your down over time.

Duck sized horse. No questions. You'll be able to outrun them, you'll be able to just exterminate them via stomping, golfing, doing the helicopter if you're from 3rd bat, etc.

Horse sized duck is the Avian equivalent of a Piper Cub that wants to kill you. Ducks already scoot along at a good speed, now you just increased their leg length, bill size, wingspan and as brought up, dick length. You gon get fuuuked.

This is all on the basis of "Fight" incorporating what you have at hand right now as a normal human being. Now if weapons are involved? It depends. Do I want to just finish the job or do I want massacre a hamlet?

It's a lot like fighting the Taliban; they make little nips and are easily swattable, but since there's a near-unending-supply of them (thanks Pakistan) then they'll wear your down over time.
The horses aren't breeding the next generation of fighters. Done is done.

I’ll take the duck, every time. Sure, it’s bigger but it’s only one enemy that can execute one strategy with one set of anatomical weapons. They have smaller brains than horses, so the big feathery bastard should be stupider than the horses. Since ducks can fly, their mass will be less which is helpful to me as well.

Horses are smart and they are herd animals. They can work in concert, and are very muscular animals. True, these horses are smaller but no one can watch a hundred attackers at once. Gulliver’s Travels, anyone? Who is to say they can’t organize into a consolidated force and act in concert to execute tactics? Hell, they’ve got the equivalent of two reinforced platoons.

Besides, at the end of the day I’d rather eat duck than horse.

Why do ducks have flat feet?
To stamp out forest fires.
Why do elephants have big feet?
To stamp out flaming ducks.

It's Ying and Yang. Look it up.

Given only the information provided in the prompt, I'd fight the duck. I'd rather deal with one large, predictable, slow-moving and slow-thinking (I hope!) problem than 100 constantly-changing, unpredictable, little problems. Especially if those little problems were all focused on destroying me.

The assumption is always that they are focused on attacking us but this is not in their nature nor is it mentioned in the brief, so I ask...who is the bad guy here? I propose it is us, man, for inciting these animals into fighting.

The assumption is always that they are focused on attacking us but this is not in their nature nor is it mentioned in the brief, so I ask...who is the bad guy here? I propose it is us, man, for inciting these animals into fighting.

Is it not the Law of Nature that the strong survive? Who is to say that we shouldn't disrupt that process and forfeit our rightful place as the most dominant species?

Death to all miniature horses and abnormally large ducks.

I voted a horse sized duck....then thought...

The horse is basically a land based animal....

The duck can attack on the land, be amphibious and airborne...like a SEAL, but no book deal.

Prison rules apply... no one's gonna remember the guy who took out 100 small horses....but the guy who took out the big duck....he'll be talked about for generations.

8-):ninja:

Anyone else think about trapping the duck sized horses. Then breed them and overtake the small pet market.

But then again... Horse sized duck is basically a dragon.

I would call Dana White and see if he could promote a fight between Conor MacGregor and the gigantic duck and the tiny horse herd in Las Vegas. There would be lots of smack talk and excitement and bookmaking. Then the fight would happen and the horses and the duck would beat the living crap out of Conor in the first round.

The End

Back