To be grown up or to not to be.....

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
So I've got a morale dilemma. Given the time of year and the normal holiday financial crunch that goes with it and then I check out one of my favourite firearms suppliers sites. They have Norinco M-14's in stock and on sale for $399, comes with some mags, sling and cleaning kit. I missed out the last time they had them in stock 'cause they sold out quick.

Do I be responsible and not drop the coin on the rifle? lol Or do I just buy it and hope the wife understands? She's not firearm "friendly", she accepts I have them but doesn't want anything to do with them.

hmmmmm I would buy the rifle, and then tell my wife knowing i would get an ass beating lol...The question you need to ask your self is it worth getting into a fight this time of yr with x-mas and all?????? Or maybe run it by her first not exactly to the point just a rough description and see how she handles it..go from there hahaha.

Good luck! :confused:

Buy the rifle, I say. But along with it, you may want to invest in a cold weather sleeping bag, because when the wife finds out.....you'll be sleeping in the dog house outside. :doh:

But hey......at least you'll have a nice shinning new weapon to help keep the hungry wolves at bay.....>:{ >:{

I have a Springfield Armory M1A. I love it. My vote is to buy it. As the wise man said,"its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

If the Norinko is as dependable as my SA, you will find the wrath worth it! Think of it as your X-mas gift to yourself.

Good luck! I have an extra bedroom if you need it. :D

I have a Springfield Armory M1A. I love it. My vote is to buy it. As the wise man said,"its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

If the Norinko is as dependable as my SA, you will find the wrath worth it! Think of it as your X-mas gift to yourself.

Good luck! I have an extra bedroom if you need it. :D

LOL, I already bought myself some new cold, wet weather gear today. ;) I think it was foreshadowing for this moment, I'll need it. I think my Father will be more than glad to let me use his spare room, :D as long as he gets to use it now and then.

I'll sleep on it and then when I pick her up after her last day of classes before exams tomorrow, then I think it will be a good time to drop it. Bring her favourite latte from Starbucks. }:-) I'll just have to get her something extra for xmas.

Thanks to every one for all the encouragement. :doh:

That's right. You need to be able to take out target from a distance, as the Mongolian horde approaches your home. Not like a pistol is going to to that for you.

That's right. You need to be able to take out target from a distance, as the Mongolian horde approaches your home. Not like a pistol is going to to that for you.

Damn right..."Mongolian horde approaches your home". Sounds like my basic friday....

Well there's a remote possibility of a Mongolian horde coming across the Polar Ice but I'm thinking more of a great defence against the advancing Russian masses. ;) Oh wait that war is over. :uhh:

lol, nah I'm thinking of throwing it on a synthetic stock, putting a good fixed low power scope on it (4 or 6 x 44), using it for busting brush and blasting bambi or one of them retarded moose off that disney movie. :D And then going to the range and firing off lots and lots of rounds.

... "its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission"...

I subscribe to this philosophy ALL the time! }:-)

I'd wait until after dinner. People tend to get grouchy when their blood sugar is low, pre-meal is not a good time to break the bad news. :2c:

LL

fuck that, break the news in the middle of the night, that way you can tell her that you told her. :D

I subscribe to this philosophy ALL the time! }:-)

I'd wait until after dinner. People tend to get grouchy when their blood sugar is low, pre-meal is not a good time to break the bad news. :2c:

LL

Thanks.

I've been waiting until she gets home today, last day of classes and all. She was up until 3am and then up at 8am writing part of her thesis and another 20 page essay, not a good time to ask for anything. ;) I'll make dinner and feed her some wine first.

Bleh! I feel her pain! My final papers are due this Friday and next Tuesday!

I'd let her have a good night's sleep, then the dinner and wine.

Though, hmm... if you manage to slip it past her when's she's tired...

LL

Turn the tables on her, use the female logic, and let her see how it feels!

"But honey, it was on sale, you have no idea how much I saved, if I had waited the price would have gone up by at least double, maybe more so I saved $XXXX.XX...."

Of course, that logic really only works when they use it on us, you'll need the new cold weather gear after you spout off with this comment.

She has to start studying for her first exam on Friday, so I don't think she's going to slow down; it just means she'll be out of the office more and studying on the couch. lol I'll slip it by her while she's got a book in her face, perhaps I can find something from the same place for her Fathers Christmas present to put on the same order (he's the last one to buy for) ;) and then we are finished. lol

Back