Tobacco Use at SFAS

SavingRyansPrivates

Army Infantry
Verified Military
Hello, I plan on attending SFAS in the near future, but though I’m in good shape I am hooked pretty bad on dip (specifically Copenhagen Mint)

I am totally willing to quit if tobacco products are banned which I assumed they were, but I looked at an old SFAS packing list that says you can bring tobacco products yet on the newer one that it received it doesn’t say anything like that. Is using tobacco banned for selection?

Well here’s a quick update, I decided to just quit and go cold turkey on the 5th, so far going strong not even a field cigarette haha. Withdrawal sucks but if it’s what I have to do, I’ll do it.
Since I was 12 years old SFAS, was the longest I have been without dip. I turned 52 yesterday. You got this kid. An honestly unless you are a stress monster, you will forget all about it. Beat it

I just want to say I really appreciate all the support, I’ve been dipping since I was around 14 and I’m not going to lie this is pretty fucking hard. But reading the prior threads of people quitting and the responses here have helped. So thank you everyone who replied to this thread. So far physically I’m fine but I’m still stuck on it psychologically if that makes sense. When I’m bored it’s the first thing I think about, but I just push those thoughts aside and move on with my day. Thanks again everyone.

With everyones experience in this thread, I was wondering what your opinions are on doing the same with caffeine consumption. I'm one of the few people who dont get physical withdrawals when I stop drinking my morning coffee, but I was considering dropping it entirely before I head out to A&S (fingers crossed on my new class date).

I just want to say I really appreciate all the support, I’ve been dipping since I was around 14 and I’m not going to lie this is pretty fucking hard. But reading the prior threads of people quitting and the responses here have helped. So thank you everyone who replied to this thread. So far physically I’m fine but I’m still stuck on it psychologically if that makes sense. When I’m bored it’s the first thing I think about, but I just push those thoughts aside and move on with my day. Thanks again everyone.
I think you’re going to be alright. I was dipping like a mad man all through SURT and went cold turkey when I went to ranger school. With all the sleep deprivation and misery you don’t even notice it.

With everyones experience in this thread, I was wondering what your opinions are on doing the same with caffeine consumption. I'm one of the few people who dont get physical withdrawals when I stop drinking my morning coffee, but I was considering dropping it entirely before I head out to A&S (fingers crossed on my new class date).
As stated above, you probably won’t notice a huge change when you are in the midst of the shit.

Back