U.S.: "No Troops to Syria"

Once the administration is seated and the election is over in the US then assertive steps will be taken. We will of course once again grab everyone by the hand of those who want to assist and intervene. Of course in the meantime back on the ranch... The EU and the rest of the world will talk, wring their hands, discuss sanctions, talk about all the bad things going on and what should be done. Of course lets not forget there is a world monetary crisis now, were in the middle of a military down sizing world-wide. We just don't need all those guys with guns everywhere you know (accept Russia and China don't agree). Just because little kids, women and innocent people are being put to the blade world-wide doesn't mean right now we need to do anything. Let's not forget all the horrible happenings in Africa and Christians being slaughtered everyday by Islam, O I mean "the religion of Peace" sorry. Not to mention the Sudan and the LRA (those animals need to hunted down and burned alive). I would love to be the guy that cut Joesph Kony's throat ear to ear. And the list goes on and on... True compassion, assistance and protective military intervention means making decisions. Sometimes those are unpopular and very expensive. But hey we have important things happening; American Idol, the Kardashin's, TMZ, Little Travon and so many other earth shaking events here.

Well with Al-Qaeda coming to aid the rebels and Assad having chemicals weapons. Hopefully Israel is able to either destroy or acquire them before Assad or Al-Qaeda use them.

If we're talking about "findings" what we need to be "finding" is all those 1) ground-to-air missiles; 2) chemical weapons; and 3) AQ militants. Everything else will sort itself out.

Hmmm.....getting close:

"President Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to get rid of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad and his government.
Obama's order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence 'finding', broadly permits the CIA and other U.S. agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust Assad.

Not so secret I guess.....

We are seriously going to butt heads with Russia, China and Iran over this?

If it means leaking information to gain some of the public's favor in an election year, Yes, but my question is with the militants helping the Syrian's are we really going to support them?

That's what is brilliant about doing it this way. "Doing something" to "help" in Syria is a constant drumbeat from the liberal left, and by "leaking" that the CIA is involved, it gives the administration the ability to say "see, we're doing something in Syria" which appeals to their base, but without committing to anything concrete. Smart move.

That's what is brilliant about doing it this way. "Doing something" to "help" in Syria is a constant drumbeat from the liberal left, and by "leaking" that the CIA is involved, it gives the administration the ability to say "see, we're doing something in Syria" which appeals to their base, but without committing to anything concrete. Smart move.

So the boots on the ground are expendable at the price of a election year? What if there is another countries Int agencies in with the gov't troops?

If we're talking about "findings" what we need to be "finding" is all those 1) ground-to-air missiles; 2) chemical weapons; and 3) AQ militants. Everything else will sort itself out.

I'm more worried about the Libyian MANPADs that went missing tbh, there were up to 15k of them missing...

So the boots on the ground are expendable at the price of a election year? What if there is another countries Int agencies in with the gov't troops?

I don't understand what you mean, if there are no boots on the ground then there is nothing to be expendable, right?

Obama watched Charlie Wilson's war and now he's trying to pull the same shit.

If it means leaking information to gain some of the public's favor in an election year, Yes, but my question is with the militants helping the Syrian's are we really going to support them?

What Militants? What Syrians?

I apologize for being general. By militants I meant Al-Qaeda and by Syrians I meant rebels. I said militants because I don't think it's just Al-Qaeda trying to take advantage of the revolution there once Assad is Overthrown.

What Militants? What Syrians?[/quote]

Very Clinton-esque in the early stages (pre-IFOR) of the Bosnian war.

Back