United States & Gun Control discussion.

But again, I don't think we will ever get any where near having to worry about this in our lifetime. We have more guns than people in this country. Good luck finding all of those guns in the bottom of lakes.

I wonder how many civilians, despite what they say now, would hand their guns over uncontested?
This, more than "would the military and police comply" is the one that keeps me thinking. In my heart, I know what the answer is for me. I can only hope/pray that I am never genuinely faced with that decision.

I wonder how many civilians, despite what they say now, would hand their guns over uncontested?
That’s another interesting angle. The philosophical question of, ‘Do you love your country so much that you’d stand against it to preserve the principles it was founded upon?’

Would one be considered a true patriot if they turned their guns over, or if one fought to the death to keep them?

🤯

I can see some state governors using NG against this kind of thing....how crazy would that be?

Edit: meant to say to use against federal troops if ordered to disarm citizens.

That’s another interesting angle. The philosophical question of, ‘Do you love your country so much that you’d stand against it to preserve the principles it was founded upon?’

Would one be considered a true patriot if they turned their guns over, or if one fought to the death to keep them?

🤯

If a thoughtful, critical engagement with our fundamental law arrived at the conclusion that it didn't make sense to keep a particular law in modern times, patriotism wouldn't be a part of keeping the guns, IMHO.

9/10 of your military friends would be like, ‘Yeah man, fuck it- if the boss says round the guns up, I’m kicking doors and rounding guns up.’??
Pretty sure the last time something like that happened we had a war that killed a lot of fucking people. And we're getting super divided, so I think we will have a lot of problems with this whole idea.

But we're all gonna be long dead before there is ever a constitutional convention and said amendment is ratified. The interesting thing is that we're talking about this and not about the incompetence of the FBI, Broward Sheriff's department and the school district.

But we're all gonna be long dead before there is ever a constitutional convention and said amendment is ratified. The interesting thing is that we're talking about this and not about the incompetence of the FBI, Broward Sheriff's department and the school district.
Not really that interesting, we have another thread for that. School shootings are now part of our culture.

Let's fix this first.

• Department of Defense does not universally input those dishonorably discharged and others not allowed to buy guns, like Devin Patrick Kelley, the gunman in the November 5, 2017 slaying of 26 at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas. He was convicted in a court martial while in the Air Force.
  • Lets legal dealers to sell a gun after three days even if the FBI has not returned its background check decision, which aided Dylan Roofget the gun he used to kill nine churchgoers in Charleston, S.C. on June 17, 2015.
  • Just 8 percent of those barred from buying guns are arrested after trying to get one, including convicts and illegal immigrants.
  • States are not required cooperate with NICS, despite federally appropriated money to encourage them.
  • Several states that do provide information to NICS, often give too little, or are slow to provide, lists of those who should be denied guns, like felony convicts.
  • Much mental health information is missing, as was the case in the 2007 Virginia Tech killing spree by Seung-Hui Cho who bought a gun disqualifying mental health record.
  • Information from the National Data Exchange, an FBI repository of unclassified criminal justice records, is not included in NICS.
  • In a handful of cases, the FBI immediately decided to ban a purchase but took months to tell the seller.
  • ATF and FBI don’t agree on the definition of “fugitive from justice,” and as a result, ATF did not track down 2,183 guns that were sold but where the FBI subsequently said sales should have been denied.
  • In some cases, as with the alleged Florida killer, multiple run-ins with the FBI or local police do not rise to the level of a registered threat that NICS would count as disqualifying.
  • Some purchasers are wrongly denied by the FBI. In 2015, there were 3,625 wrongful denials.
  • Omits private sales.
  • Omits transfers to friends, family, others.
List: 13 gaping holes in FBI gun background check system

I've seen some of the "militia" guys in NC and FL..."training." 🤣

If they don't lay off the fried chicken and beer it's going to be a pretty short war.

Last edited:
It is indeed ridiculous when you cannot even talk about how current laws are being broken.

Or when a "weapon of math destruction" is mistaken for a gun? O_o
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you.....Louisiana. :rolleyes:
Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

A discussion among students at Oberlin High School in Oberlin, La., about a mathematical symbol led to a police investigation and a search of one of the student’s homes, according to the Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office.

On the afternoon of Feb. 20, detectives investigated a report of terroristic threats at the school, where they learned that a student had been completing a math problem that required drawing the square-root sign.

Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.

Read more here: Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

Dick's Sporting Goods has announced it will stop selling all 'assault-style" rifles, as well as not selling any type of gneeds to go after any and all semi automatic weapons. That would include my Glock and that would be my personal “cold dead fingers” stance.

This is a dangerous time for the Second Amendment, the NRA, and gun owners nation wide.

Last edited:
Back