University of Idaho Murders

FDR once said that Admirals either talk too little or too much. I guess it's the same for police. Why the Moscow chief said the killings were "targeted" before the bodies were cold is something I can't figure out. I was a student at Florida State when Bundy went on his rampage at the Chi Omega house. This is something the University of Idaho students will never forget. I visited Moscow a few years back, it's hard to imagine a more unlikely place for this kind of horrific crime.

Started to listen to the press conference, no real details can be released. We won't get info until the extradition hearing, and a little more once he's back in Idaho.

Telling that they are still asking for info connecting him with the victims.

Article about the alleged killer. A couple of things I found interesting:

-They mentioned his political affiliation at least three times, including in the headline. Why is that important, or even relevant?

Mcloughlin said Kohberger was 'down to Earth,' when he graduated junior year. But at the start of senior year, Kohberger returned 'thinner than a rail,' had turned 'aggressive' and taken up boxing...

Kohberger said he has 'no idea' what prompted the sudden change.

Shit, I know what prompted it:

rick james cocaine GIF

'He would always looked bugged eye'd like on drugs and nobody in the class really never talked to him that's why he only went for 2 years and left without taking the final exam,' he said.

Yep, called it.

-They mentioned his political affiliation at least three times, including in the headline. Why is that important, or even relevant?

Up until probably the start of the past decade Libertarian was more likely to be associated with "radical liberal" in Europe as opposed to how we see it as "small government"; maybe the author was viewing it that way? The Daily mail is more of a right-wing tabloid.

It'd make the dive into his veganism make more sense, since that's usually a left-leaning thing too.

It's unimportant to the story either way.

The cynic in methinks there are two reasons to mention the political affiliation of "bad" people:
1. Further divide and demonize the various parties
2. Metrics in search engines. "libertarian murderer", republican murderer" "conservative murderer" "liberal murderer"... Hits on stories to feed into "Party x is bad."

DNA analysis from a geneology website.
Local, KSAT, station says they followed (tracked) him to PA.
Cops did a good job keeping details close hold and not letting parents and the press force a leak.
A couple of parents need to apologize for comments made to the press.

DNA analysis from a geneology website.
Local, KSAT, station says they followed (tracked) him to PA.
Cops did a good job keeping details close hold and not letting parents and the press force a leak.
A couple of parents need to apologize for comments made to the press.
Agree. From what it sounds like, this is how all investigations should be handled -- tight lipped.

I'm no serial killer but.....a criminal justice grad student and you're leaving DNA all over a mass murder scene. Maybe deep down he wanted to be caught? Have you heard of a hat and gloves MF'er??

I wonder what is do-boi name will be in prison or if he'll end up on death row? Idaho only has like 8 dudes there now, and they had to call off a lethal injection because they couldn't source the drugs.

Last edited:
I'm no serial killer but.....a criminal justice grad student and you're leaving DNA all over a mass murder scene. Maybe deep down he wanted to be caught? You have heard of a hat and gloves MF'er??

I wonder what is do-boi name will be in prison or if he'll end up on death row? Idaho only has like 8 dudes there now, and they had to call off a lethal injection because they couldn't source the drugs.
Skin cells underneath the victims fingernails is my guess.
Gloves and a hat don't cover everything.

Agree....the department was given so much bad press because they weren't talking....
The only real valid critique of the Moscow PD I can see -- and it's a big one -- is when they initially reported there was no threat to the public after the bodies were discovered. This clearly wasn't the case as the suspect was still at large. Now, there may be some other info that hasn't been released to support their decision, but I can't possibly imagine what it would be. I think they tried to walk that comment back a little after a couple days.

The only real valid critique of the Moscow PD I can see -- and it's a big one -- is when they initially reported there was no threat to the public after the bodies were discovered. This clearly wasn't the case as the suspect was still at large. Now, there may be some other info that hasn't been released to support their decision, but I can't possibly imagine what it would be. I think they tried to walk that comment back a little after a couple days.

I think they might’ve had pretty clear evidence that it was targeted. I know they backed off that statement, too, but it would explain the initial report. It’s my guess that one of those girls might’ve rejected the advances of this creep, maybe the dude felt humiliated…and hence the rage.

Last edited:
So it looks like the guy did go through a lot of trouble to hide what he was up to, but for the life of me I can't see how he didn't think he'd be caught.

Found a K-Bar knife sheath at the murder scene with killer's DNA still on it. Also says there was cell phone location pings until 2:47am then goes silent until just after the murder when it pings south of the town the murders took place. Also, doorbell cam video linking his car to the scene. Left a shoe impression which we would be unavoidable and will likely be matched to him. Visited the scene 12 fricken' times, and again after the murders. NY Post Everything Learned

"DNA analysis, which was conducted the following day in the Idaho State Lab, showed a sample from the trash belonged to Kohberger’s father, Michael, with more than 99% accuracy. " NY Post Article

Killer had no known link to the victims.

I think they might’ve had pretty clear evidence that it was targeted. I know they backed off that statement, too, but it would explain the initial report. It’s my guess that one of those girls might’ve rejected the advances of this creep, maybe the dude felt humiliated…and hence the rage.

Definitely targeted, but no known link to the victims.....yet.

Wannabe Cop for fucks sake...

I read all 18 pages of the arrest affidavit. Apparently he was surveilling the residence since June. He used a USMC Kabar and left the sheath next to one of the victims. One of the roommates who wasn't hurt actually encountered him in a hallway and he walked right passed her on his way out. They've got cellphone data, tons of video of his vehicle, matching DNA from the sheath and the family garbage in Pennsylvania. They were on to the Hyundai Elantra pretty quick and had the suspect's name from a university cop who matched up the car to a student.

Criminology major, my ass. What a stupid bastard.

The LEOs might've pissed everybody off by keeping their traps shut, but they were quietly nailing this fucker down tight.

Back