US Infrastructure

Great take from somewhere on the internet-

Pete Buttigieg is telling us, "Listen, there are over 1,000 train derailments a year! You're just paying too much attention."

If you know the name of the secretary of transportation, you have a historically shitty secretary of transportation.

First the airlines now trains... it's almost like, you know, he wasn't qualified as a mayor of a small town to take on a governmental role and has spent way more time on paternity leave than he has working.

If anyone trusts the government, they deserve the ass fucking. Historically, our republic was founded upon NOT trusting the government, hence our constitution/bill of rights.

Former President Reagan said what line, many years ago?
Too many to mention but here are a few:

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Man is not free unless government is limited.

Who else but the federal government has the ability to regulate interstate trade and travel? I think infrastructure is pretty within the bounds of federal government.

Great take from somewhere on the internet-

Pete Buttigieg is telling us, "Listen, there are over 1,000 train derailments a year! You're just paying too much attention."

If you know the name of the secretary of transportation, you have a historically shitty secretary of transportation.

First the airlines now trains... it's almost like, you know, he wasn't qualified as a mayor of a small town to take on a governmental role and has spent way more time on paternity leave than he has working.

What happened to the airlines? Other than Southwest, and some weather?

Did I miss some crashes?

Who else but the federal government has the ability to regulate interstate trade and travel? I think infrastructure is pretty within the bounds of federal government.

Did I miss some crashes?
You're correct but as we see here, infrastructure has gone by the wayside for decades upon decades while we pump money into other countries. The easy answer is to hold the federal government accountable but, they don't give a fuck for us, that is obvious.

Did I miss some crashes?
To answer directly, Congress. Interstate trade and travel are supposed to be regulated by Congress. Not tracking the point of that question; Pete Buttigieg sucks at his job as the guy that's not supposed to suck at his job. Instead of telling me about the inherent systemic racism of bridges and construction in general, he should be fighting for money and wooing other legislators vs. taking 6 weeks of paternity leave while a railroad strike was looming. He got the job because of his obvious intersectionality and not his skill.

And we have talked about it before; air travel is heinous now. Do you think Pete Buttigieg did a good job? Any reason you're defending him?

To answer directly, Congress. Interstate trade and travel are supposed to be regulated by Congress. Not tracking the point of that question; Pete Buttigieg sucks at his job as the guy that's not supposed to suck at his job. Instead of telling me about the inherent systemic racism of bridges and construction in general, he should be fighting for money and wooing other legislators vs. taking 6 weeks of paternity leave while a railroad strike was looming. He got the job because of his obvious intersectionality and not his skill.

And we have talked about it before; air travel is heinous now. Do you think Pete Buttigieg did a good job? Any reason you're defending him?

Oh I’m not defending anyone. Poor forum form, I was responding to Dame’s post above mine, about the feds.

Air travel is heinous now because there is little real competition. The airlines are a monopoly because they are basically regulated as such. Our airline industry is basically not capitalist, and in this way it is garbage.

Oh I’m not defending anyone. Poor forum form, I was responding to Dame’s post above mine, about the feds.

Air travel is heinous now because there is little real competition. The airlines are a monopoly because they are basically regulated as such. Our airline industry is basically not capitalist, and in this way it is garbage.
ohhhh my bad. Agree and thanks for clearing it up. Agree on the air travel.

Did I miss some crashes?
Some scary near misses. FedEx and Southwest came within 100 ft of each other (find the flightradar24 tape on this, have spare underwear available). PHIK had a near miss, and there was another one just prior to Austin.
Buttplug waited 10 days after the derailment to make a comment, FEMA told Ohio to fuck off vis a vis the train wreck.

Ton of blame for the Ohio disaster, but Trump's Dr Evil here. :rolleyes:

Some scary near misses. FedEx and Southwest came within 100 ft of each other (find the flightradar24 tape on this, have spare underwear available). PHIK had a near miss, and there was another one just prior to Austin.
Buttplug waited 10 days after the derailment to make a comment, FEMA told Ohio to fuck off vis a vis the train wreck.

I just fucking laughed out loud brother. Buttplug.

I remember back in 10-11 there was supposed to be a bunch of "shovel ready" jobs fixing infrastructure. That's the last time I've heard about infrastructure, and still haven't seem much of those shovel ready jobs, but I could have missed something.

I mean near misses are scary, but some of them are pilots fucking up, and none of them are administrators not funding or properly taxing the populace to pay for improved infrastructure.

Has anyone here blamed Trump? Let’s not argue the straw man. I think almost everyone is saying this is everyone’s fault.

I remember back in 10-11 there was supposed to be a bunch of "shovel ready" jobs fixing infrastructure. That's the last time I've heard about infrastructure, and still haven't seem much of those shovel ready jobs, but I could have missed something.

You been to Bragg recently? That was one of them. The bypass, that is

Back