US Infrastructure

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Starting a discussion on US infrastructure issues (attacks, natural disasters, accidents) as a spinoff from the China thread (although the two may be related...).

Starting it off with this pic of what I'm told is the mushroom cloud released after the government blew up a chemical spill that resulted from a train derailment.

Yeah... nothing bad can come from any of that...

329172845_1263864084482936_2686590199802048823_n.jpg

Starting a discussion on US infrastructure issues (attacks, natural disasters, accidents) as a spinoff from the China thread (although the two may be related...).

Starting it off with this pic of what I'm told is the mushroom cloud released after the government blew up a chemical spill that resulted from a train derailment.

Yeah... nothing bad can come from any of that...
This video has footage of the burn and a bunch of clips of emergency response to the event as well as many of the actual chemicals involved. As for the opinion portion of it, I'll leave that to the viewer.

As old as some of our bridges and highways are, some of our train tracks and switches are even older.

No one needs to attack us. Nature just needs to run its course.

The thing in Ohio serves the Ohio watershed, which in turns distributes to several states. The environmental impact is huge.

Last edited:
As old as some of our bridges and highways are, some of our train tracks and switches are even older.

This was a huge thing trying to get people to understand about the railworker strikes.

The lines are in bad shape and the dudes are are basically worked like hell.

I'm not surprised to see a derailment.

The number is what gets weird.

Could be coincidence due to infrastructure and workload comprising safety, could be sabotage by foriegn states/disgruntled workers.

The thing in Ohio serves the Ohio watershed, which in turns distributes to several states. The environmental impact is huge.
Supplies 10% of the nations water, I think I read in an article yesterday

Norfolk Southern successfully lobbied the Trump administration to allow trains carrying hazardous material to do so without the installation of upgraded electronically controlled pneumatic brakes. So…once again…you guessed it:

IT’S TRUMP’S FAULT

This was a huge thing trying to get people to understand about the railworker strikes.

The lines are in bad shape and the dudes are are basically worked like hell.

I'm not surprised to see a derailment.

The number is what gets weird.

Could be coincidence due to infrastructure and workload comprising safety, could be sabotage by foriegn states/disgruntled workers.

There are almost 1700 train derailments a year. From 1990 to 2021, there have been over 54000. Most of them are not serious, but when you approach numbers like that some of them are bound to be. Most of them are local news or a snippet on national coverage.

Our infrastructure needs a makeover. Trains, bridges, dams, levees. All falling apart. Our electrical power grid is an archaic wasteful mess. Unfortunately that takes taxes.

Norfolk Southern successfully lobbied the Trump administration to allow trains carrying hazardous material to do so without the installation of upgraded electronically controlled pneumatic brakes. So…once again…you guessed it:

IT’S TRUMP’S FAULT

The did it under Obama too, so at least it's all around blame.

The sequence of events began a decade ago in the wake of a major uptick in derailments of trains carrying crude oil and hazardous chemicals, including a New Jersey train crash that leaked the same toxic chemical as in Ohio.

In response, the Obama administration in 2014 proposed improving safety regulations for trains carrying petroleum and other hazardous materials. However, after industry pressure, the final measure ended up narrowly focused on the transport of crude oil and exempting trains carrying many other combustible materials, including the chemical involved in this weekend’s disaster.

I don’t think this is any one politician or political parties fault. Stuff like this is easy to ignore, for everyone. The power grid is one of my biggest pet peeves, why the fuck isn’t it underground? Yeah it would suck while they did it, but why do we have to worry about power outages every time the wind blows more than 20mph?

I was in the government for a long time. You should NEVER "trust the government."

Some people in government are trustworthy, and if you get enough of them together then some parts of some organizations inside of government are worthy of trust. But the .gov overall?

"Trust but verify"

Back