USMC backpack advice?

Yeah I put mine through hell, strapped to outside of the trucks, patrol after patrol, LP/OP’s dropped from the top of a water tower, soaked in blood, chem-light exploding in it, etc. I got back from that 20 month long deployment, tossed it in the washing machine/dryer and handed it off to a buddy heading over. Last I saw the pack it still looked new. If I had to buy another pack it would be a motherlode…

It's a damn zombie pack, it refuses to die.

It's a damn zombie pack, it refuses to die.
Knowing my kid, this is a great feature! :thumbsup: With the prices on the site Free sent me to, if I got the wrong thing I can just go back and get another style. Did I mention I love to shop? ;)

Yeah I put mine through hell, strapped to outside of the trucks, patrol after patrol, LP/OP’s dropped from the top of a water tower, soaked in blood, chem-light exploding in it, etc. I got back from that 20 month long deployment, tossed it in the washing machine/dryer and handed it off to a buddy heading over. Last I saw the pack it still looked new. If I had to buy another pack it would be a motherlode…

Out of sheer fascination, what did you do to get a chemlight to explode?! I'm guessing temperatures?

Out of sheer fascination, what did you do to get a chemlight to explode?! I'm guessing temperatures?

I was on a sweep mission on Hifa St, we were fighting our way through a appartment building and the chem-lights for our squad was in my pack, some where along the way they not only were cracked, but also a few of them broke open and gave me a big glowing target on my back.... I had red chem-light glowing on the bottom of the pack (some of my ass) and green chem glowing all over my pack and arms/dcu top.

I was on a sweep mission on Hifa St, we were fighting our way through a apparatment building and the chem-lights for our squad was in my pack, some where along the way they not only were cracked, but also a few of them broke open and gave me a big glowing target on my back.... I had red chem-light glowing on the bottom of the pack (some of my ass) and green chem glowing all over my pack and arms/dcu top.

That would be quite funny if it weren't such a serious situation! It sounds like you were the Hifa St Christmas Tree :D

Followup question. I see these cleaning packs and tablets for the water container. Does the USMC have those or should I be ordering that too? O_o

After much consideration and based on the advice here I ordered the Motherlode in coyote. :thumbsup: Thanks for the help and I will post up if I picked the right one or not. If he doesnt like it who wants first dibs? ;)

If he doesn't like it, tell him to buy his own! ;)

Followup question. I see these cleaning packs and tablets for the water container. Does the USMC have those or should I be ordering that too? O_o

I don't remember ever getting issued those things. I just hung my up to dry occasionally and never had any problems...

Because of how they're designed they seem to be pretty sanitary. Especially if you're running water through it regularly like he would be. It's when the water sits in there for months at a time that you might have a problem.

It is eerily reminiscent of that photo of the nearly-naked guy wearing a gas mask striding through a landscape on fire with the title "no matter what, you will never party this hard."

LOL, I wish I had a picture of it, I am sure someone snapped one somewhere along the way though...

As for the party, lol more like this....
walking target.png

A walking target....here I am....no right here....:thumbsdown:

I got awakened at 1 am with a phone call from my son! Great to hear his voice after so long. We discussed my/his purchace of the pack and he said to thank everyone for helping me out and "excellent choice". He cant wait to get it! Thanks again for the help everyone!

Got the Camelbak today as promised. That was incredibly fast Free, and free shipping too! Its everything you guys said it was and more! Ive just finished stowing a bunch of stuff in there including 2 knives, magazines, socks, camelbak cleaning kit and a bunch of snacks and there is still room left. I cant pack anymore stuff because then the box wont shut! The pictures on the website dont do it justice. If my kid didnt really need this Id keep it for me! }:-)
Oh and that place sent me a bunch of coupons in the box too, Free. I will have to go back and do more shopping! :thumbsup:

What kind of knives did you send him?

Magazines for reading or loading? :D

Some old Kbars laying around (not the good one) and magazines for reading LOL. I got a letter today and in it he is asking if I can obtain a kukri. I think I can actually. :-o

Back