USMC backpack advice?

Some old Kbars laying around (not the good one) and magazines for reading LOL. I got a letter today and in it he is asking if I can obtain a kukri. I think I can actually. :-o

Good. IMO, KBars are made for hard-work stuff and should be fairly disposable. I still say you need to get him a decent Benchmade folder, but that's MO too... :D

Good. IMO, KBars are made for hard-work stuff and should be fairly disposable. I still say you need to get him a decent Benchmade folder, but that's MO too... :D
LMAO..he said he doesnt want a folding knife. But he said a machete or samurai sword would be ok too!:-o

MO is that your folding knife is probably not fit for cutting warm butter at the moment... Does the lovely Mrs 0699 ned me to fly out and sharpen her kitchen knives?

Chop - find a good utility folder for your son for the winter holiday season (you're a witch - I don't know what you celebrate... Christmakwanzhaunaramayulesaturnalihoggmanbhodieidpposadas? is that right?) he'll realize the error of his ways after a very short time.

MO is that your folding knife is probably not fit for cutting warm butter at the moment... Does the lovely Mrs 0699 ned me to fly out and sharpen her kitchen knives?

Chop - find a good utility folder for your son for the winter holiday season (you're a witch - I don't know what you celebrate... Christmakwanzhaunaramayulesaturnalihoggmanbhodieidpposadas? is that right?) he'll realize the error of his ways after a very short time.

Yes, if that's what it takes to get ya'll out here... :D

The box went out today. Have to do the folder in the next shipment!

How much do you want to spend?
If quality is the primary go with a Chris Reeve Sebenza (the Classic 2000 is nice or the Starbenza from Wilson Combat/Chris Reeve), the CRKT/Ken Onion Shenanigan, Grayman Dua Folder, Black Bear Enforcer, Boker Begg Field Marshall... for the price concious the mid range CRKT line has lots of choices, Blade Tech has some good ones, Spyderco, Gerber (the US made are their best - but slightly pricier)... HTM is not inexpensive, but they make a good knife, the same for Fox (Italian made).

Since your son also wants a machete/kukri - I'd suggest the Fox parang... once I get the cash together, I'm getting one for myself... and once I can really afford one I'm going for the Diaz Tool Bladesport knife... it's a chopper extraordinaire and Jose Diaz has won Bladesport competitions all over plus he is the Bladesport USA President right now... (think a knife that can chop through a 2x4, then cut through a 3" sisal rope, then cut a straw, then cut a full water bottle, then chop a 2 x 6.... for time... and still be sharp enough to do it again.

Considering the way these Marines are losing/breaking stuff I have to say for now..not expensive LOL.

Well, the Camelbak has finally arrived and survey says...."best thing evar". There is one happy Marine out there thanks to the expert and helpful advice dispensed right here on SS! Thank you guys for all the help in selecting and especially Teufel for pointing me in the right direction on specifics, and to Free for the link to the site with the awesome pricing and service. That all makes for one happy momma right here in river city. I dont need anything for else for Christmas. That box is already ticked. Thanks again everyone. Proving once again Shadowspear is the premiere "go to" site for clueless military moms! :thumbsup:

That's good, maybe it'll make up for what he reads about in an upcoming issue of the Marine Corps Times :-x

Back