Veteran Suicide: 22toZero

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
The latest face of veteran suicide: CPT Jamie Brunette.

What is the difference between me and one of the 22 veterans that take their lives every day? I survived “The Moment,” that one moment out of many when the self-loathing and pain reach into the depths of your soul and drag you down to the abyss.

The moment of utter despair, when you can feel no positive solution to anything and you can hear the voices in your head shouting at you to end the hurt and suffering, is the moment that I think we lose our people. They cannot make it past that moment of absolute hopelessness.

Or if they made it past before, they don’t have the strength to do it again. Life is a series of moments; perhaps that moment is the hardest to accept.

Brunette 1.png

Rest in peace, Captian.

Mod edit at request of posting member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have been there, or have worked with someone facing death as a relief to pain, is is so very hard to understand a suicide. The truth is, that there are so many that can no longer deal with the pain of living another day, or hour or even a moment, as the article points out all too well.

Rest In God's Own Peace, Captian.

Last edited:
:( I hate reading these articles. This is happening way to frequently to people with nothing but great opportunity ahead of them.

Godspeed.

RIP Captain.

This one hits close to home, condolences to friends and loved ones.

I'm so sorry, Ma'am, you have left us. May you find peace.

That's too bad, she was very pretty :(

Wow. Your attitude toward women is despicable. Her looks have nothing to do with her pain. Until you've walked in the shoes of service member, much less a woman, keep your pie hole shut.

LL - a woman veteran

What does pretty have to do with it? According to some sources, that is exactly why she committed suicide.

From my limited perspective, the fact that she was pretty and a female has added to the awareness that her passing has created.

On social media, people who might not normally pay attention when a service member commits suicide, seem to be responding more so to this most recent tragedy. A successful, attractive female doesn't fit "the stereotype" & has people asking why.

All loss of life is equally tragic IMHO, but hopefully this loss can create some good in continued awareness.

?? Do you mean "death can be as light as a feather"?

I think he meant that. I believe its origin is Japanese and refers to ritual suicide. "Life is heavy as a mountain, death as light as a feather."

RIP and Hand Salute, Captain.

God Bless us, brother. I was close twice, once in '84 and again in '90. The last one I'd even written the fucking note...

I was close after I lost Kim. The people, a couple here and 1, my partner saved me. Have not looked back and got help...I am glad you stayed with us bro.

F.M.

I'm so sorry, Ma'am, you have left us. May you find peace.

Wow. Your attitude toward women is despicable. Her looks have nothing to do with her pain. Until you've walked in the shoes of service member, much less a woman, keep your pie hole shut.

LL - a woman veteran

While her looks had nothing to do with her pain, her looks most certainly have helped raise awareness to the issue. People who would have no idea that this happens daily are being made aware because of the Captain's face.

Last edited:
Back