Video: SEALs in Afghanistan

I read the comments before watching the video. The sweater did make me LOL, not gonna lie. Why would they send THAT reporter of all reporters along with them, I wonder. Seems like an odd choice.

Nice video, though.

I read the comments before watching the video. The sweater did make me LOL, not gonna lie. Why would they send THAT reporter of all reporters along with them, I wonder. Seems like an odd choice.

Nice video, though.
I can think of two big reasons why...

I can think of two big reasons why...

Well, yes, but she can't help if he has really large incisors. I don't think it's nice to make fun of her for that.

Anyhow, if her being able to accompany the SEALs was such an earth-shattering event, it would've been nice to see more than a really quick 8-minute segment, that (apparently) caused most people to conclude either 1) she is hot or 2) SEALs are hot. Just going off YouTube comments. Even a half hour segment would have been exponentially more badass.

The first thing that came to mind (after the sweater) was a question- did not have a better place to conduct a pre-mission brief than on an open airfield, where the guy giving the briefing had to raise his voice to be heard? Their base looked pretty austere so that big, open area was the only thing they had. Maybe DrkEgl can get his SeaBee buddies together and build them a briefing hut.

Well, yes, but she can't help if he has really large incisors. I don't think it's nice to make fun of her for that.

Anyhow, if her being able to accompany the SEALs was such an earth-shattering event, it would've been nice to see more than a really quick 8-minute segment, that (apparently) caused most people to conclude either 1) she is hot or 2) SEALs are hot. Just going off YouTube comments. Even a half hour segment would have been exponentially more badass.

Well I think the fact that most people typing up "navy seal" or anything close to that wil be guys, so they'd obviously take notice of the pretty woman!

As far as the accompanying them out, I think you have a valid point- they should've shown more ass kicking.
I'm sure they had some good footage- namely the asshole getting schwacked- but there's a limit to how much they can air on basic TV.

Also, they might've just been there for a few days and that was the extent of their footage.

All speculation in the end. I liked what they did show

I got the impression that the briefing outdoors was solely for the cameras, rather than the seals. They were probably already briefed in a building, and just had to endore the cinematography.

I guess I'm glad it didn't sink to the level of sports sideline reporting.

"Describe your emotions as you took out your terrorist target. What do you need to work on for the second half?"
rolleyes.png

I got the impression that the briefing outdoors was solely for the cameras, rather than the seals. They were probably already briefed in a building, and just had to endore the cinematography.

I was thinking the same thing. The Chief really doesn't say much- sounded more like a pep talk. So probably a video op to make the reporters feel in the know.

I think it would have been more impressive if they would have done the brief with the operators kitted out instead of standing around in shorts and ball caps. Whatever, I'm glad the mission went off OK and we (US military) didn't end up looking like a bunch of jackasses, like what happened when that female accompanied some ARSOF guys in AFG a while back.

I think it would have been more impressive if they would have done the brief with the operators kitted out instead of standing around in shorts and ball caps. Whatever, I'm glad the mission went off OK and we (US military) didn't end up looking like a bunch of jackasses, like what happened when that female accompanied some ARSOF guys in AFG a while back.
I don't know of the SF documentary t you speak of but I agree- that would've looked cool.

I don't know of the SF documentary t you speak of but I agree- that would've looked cool.

I don't remember the name of it but I know we discussed it on the site a while back. It involved a female reporter (I think) and carried footage of a blue-on-blue accidental shooting, and the wounding of a teenager who turned out not to be armed.

I don't remember the name of it but I know we discussed it on the site a while back. It involved a female reporter (I think) and carried footage of a blue-on-blue accidental shooting, and the wounding of a teenager who turned out not to be armed.

and she was banging everyone

Yep. I agree with Alpha Doc above. Briefing was for show. Didn't watch the whole video, I'm really not a fan of that type of thing. My team had been asked to take people with us...we said hell no.

Back