Voter ID Law Opposed... Why Again?

Meh.

Show me who isn't "disenfranchised". There's about 2% of this nation that has private chefs and timeshares on luxury jets. The rest of us mofos are disenfranchised.

It's called "life".

Seriously, if we didn't have some kind of problems to bitch about how many of us would even have a legit reason to get up in the morning, LOL? We get up because we have shit to solve! Tell me I'm wrong!

From what I read, the law still allows them to vote a provisional ballot. Now, I don't know when or if that vote is counted or how the address is verified, but the person is allowed to vote.

I also didn't see anywhere that alternative IDs might be allowed for those that didn't have a photo ID.

In banking, attempting to verify an ID and address of a person might include multiple forms of "stuff" including utility bills, birth certificate, credit card, and signature verification. We could also check info against public databases and quiz the person with questions that only they would know the answer to.

There are ways to verify ID and it seems that lawmakers would have/should have taken this into account somehow.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get "disenfranchised" these days.. It's not just for illegals and slackers in America 2013...

And why should I [we] give two shits about people who are here illegally or those who barely have the will to live being marginalized. They are marginalized by their own in/actions.

And why should I [we] give two shits about people who are here illegally or those who barely have the will to live being marginalized. They are marginalized by their own in/actions.
I could'nt care less about illegals but not everyone down and out is a crackhead, a moron or a freeloader. Sometimes bad shit happens to good people. It's easy to not see it until you're knee deep in it and paddeling upstream. I'm gonna leave it and this thread at that.

How did you get the one trillion? Welfar spending in 2011 was at $649 billion, between state and federal governments.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/year_spending_2011USbn_14bs2#usgs302
Incorrect: Federal welfare spending in 2011 was 750 billion. With the states it was 1.03 trillion... or as we common folk say, "way too fucking much".

Are you seriously about to make the case that current levels of welfare spending should be higher or even stay the same???
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...pending-jumps-32-percent-four-years/?page=all

Incorrect: Federal welfare spending in 2011 was 750 billion. With the states it was 1.03 trillion... or as we common folk say, "way too fucking much".

Are you seriously about to make the case that current levels of welfare spending should be higher or even stay the same???
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...pending-jumps-32-percent-four-years/?page=all

No. I am not. This is a thread about voter ID, not the budget. I won't derail this, I did want to see where Surgicalcric found his info.

I was in my bank yesterday and posted several places through out the bank is this notice: "In order to protect our customers from fraud, valid photo ID is required on all cash back transactions". That notice has been posted for several years now. I have banked at that bank for over 25 years. Yes, the teller asked me for my photo ID even though she knows me. I really fail to see the issue of requesting a valid form of identification in order to vote. If my bank is vigilant in protecting me from fraud, why isnt my government?

How did you get the one trillion? Welfar spending in 2011 was at $649 billion, between state and federal governments.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/r...dget-item-in-fy-2011-at-approx-1-03-trillion/

http://www.heritage.org/issues/welfare/welfare-spending

DasBoot said:
This is a thread about voter ID, not the budget...

You are right it isnt about the budget. I was simply noting that social welfare programs are a money and resource used to sway/secure votes in response to the below noted comment by @Scotth. Anyone who believes the budgetary increases in those programs are menat for anything other than to enslave peoples to the democratic party are nearsighted IMNSHO.

scotth said:
There is incredible money and resources involved in elections.

Last edited:
I agree, but I also believe those individuals on the government tit shouldnt be allowed to vote for those who continue to push a social welfare agenda and line the pockets of freeloaders.

I agree. If I had my way there would be much stricter rules pertaining to who can and cannot vote. Having a job/contributing meaningfully to society would be one of those rules.

I agree. If I had my way there would be much stricter rules pertaining to who can and cannot vote. Having a job/contributing meaningfully to society would be one of those rules.

You'd have to put down a lot of people before something like that would go through. Where do I sign up?

Starship Troopers...

This concept that proving your identity to execute a privilege given to you by law is completely baffling to me. Up here it's law to provide identification and the laws provide a number of options and in how that is done.

Elections Canada has made this very easy for anyone of voting age to provide ID from a DL, Provincial ID card, Health Care Card, Utility Bill to having a registered voter vouch for you. It's not without flaws however we don't have the ranting of special interest groups that a person's privacy is being invaded.

Enjoy the privilege to vote, many people may never have the pleasure.

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=vot&dir=ids&document=index&lang=e

individuals on the government tit shouldnt be allowed to vote for those who continue to push a social welfare agenda.
That's a pipe dream I've been pimping for a long time..

My point was it's easy these days for the good to get mixed in with the bad and the ugly thanks to the almighty $.
I'd be on board with a Starship Troopers "Citizenship has it's privledges" scenerio. It would beat the Hell outta the bullshit "what's Obama gonna do for me next" we have now.

I'm against adding new laws until we can uphold those already in place. If we don't enforce existing laws then what good are new laws?

Back