Watches

Is GSAR vs CSAR intentional or a typo by you gentlemen?

Trying to keep up.

My wife just bought me a Holzkern watch that I’m excited about, for our anniversary. Unfortunately, I don’t get it because I’m TDY for the next few months.
Very nice indeed. Congrats on the watch and the anniversary!

Just picked up this Luminox Navy Diver….
View attachment 39368

I’m done buying watches for a while until I can sock away enough cash to get myself a Omega SeaMaster 2354.50.

I’ve been coveting one for quite a while; time to get it done.
That's like saying "I'm done buying guns-n-ammo."

I’m fully in on Apple products for my phone, computer, pads, etc. I gave up the Apple Watch a few years ago because I felt it was just too fragile and dainty looking. Purchased a Phenix 6 instead…much more masculine looking, better battery life (by weeks) and I like how functional and programmable the buttons are. Also much easier to navigate with cold or gloved hands.

That said…

I miss the ability to leave my phone and still be able to read/respond to texts or email, make or answer phone calls, quickly check something on the internet.

Apple Watch Ultra has been out for a while now and seems to be a game changer for Apple over their 8 and possibly a legit competitor to the Garmin line.

Anyone out there with Experience with both?

Thoughts on giving up the Garmin and going back to Apple?

Not helpful I know..I get the functionality of the smartwatch and I'm all for advanced technology, but I can't get past the dainty look...and I still love the simplicity, ruggedness, and look of the classic divers.

Last edited:
Not helpful I know..I get the functionality of the smartwatch and I'm all for advanced technology, but I can't get past the dainty look...and I still love the simplicity, ruggedness, and look of the classic divers.
Yeah I agree…I wear my Marathon frequently, but when working out or day-to-day in my business, I get use out of a smart watch.

My every day wear. I have grown used to wearing both at the same time.
Citizen Skyhawk AT on the left, Apple 4 on the right. I am thinking of upgrading to the Apple Ultra though. I like the extra features and ruggedness. Although I have
had zero complaints with the Apple 4.
image.jpgimage.jpg
I do not baby the Apple or the Citizen at all neither.

image.jpgimage.jpg

So my Girlfriend went way out and ordered an Apple Ultra II watch! Now I have to figure it out 🤔
Supposed to be way ahead of the Apple series 4 that took a shit on me.
I still swallow real hard when I see what this thing costs. Thinking the whole time that there are a ton of "real" watches I could get for the money. However, this tracks alot more bio-metrics than the previous. Is made of titanium, ceramics and, a sapphire crytal. So now I don't feel like I have to wear my Citizen and my smart watch at the same time🤣
Going to retire my Citizen Skyhawk AT. To the inside of a small mylar pouch. Then into a small Faraday pouch I keep small electronics in.

My second big dumb purchase I made with a paycheck as a boot was a Citizen Blue Angels watch. Not dumb now since 20 years later I still wear it occasionally but $600 back in 2003… oof.
I got lucky and found my Skyhawk at a Carson City pawnshop forimage.jpg $119 out the door!
My former Daughter-in-law is a jeweler. So since this forum was part of my impetus to purchase it. I had her engrave the clasp with my name and SS member number.

Back