Watches

Got a capacitor replaced finally in my 20 year Skyhawk Blue Angels watch. Cost me my entire paycheck plus some at the exchange in Rota.
I have the SkyHawk AT. Don’t know it’s age. But, it runs like a champ. I never have to mess with it at all.
Is there a regular service that you recommend for these excellent timepieces?

Someone mentioned Chrono24. I’m looking at a CSAR on the Marathon website that runs for $5k, the same watch (new, with Valjoux movement, and from 2020) is $2k on Chrono. What am I missing here? Is that extra $3k really just Marathon mark up?

Last edited:
Someone mentioned Chrono24. I’m looking at a GSAR on the Marathon website that runs for $5k, the same watch (new, with Valjoux movement, and from 2020) is $2k on Chrono. What am I missing here? Is that extra $3k really just Marathon mark up?
Just gouging the name probably. I found a USA braceleted GSAR on a Carson City pawn shop site for $900. It probably needs a good servicing. But hell, even with that I am still under 2k.

Just gouging the name probably. I found a USA braceleted GSAR on a Carson City pawn shop site for $900. It probably needs a good servicing. But hell, even with that I am still under 2k.
I would get someone local to do. The only Marathon repair shop is in Canada. Had to send mine in for repair took4 months

Someone mentioned Chrono24. I’m looking at a GSAR on the Marathon website that runs for $5k, the same watch (new, with Valjoux movement, and from 2020) is $2k on Chrono. What am I missing here? Is that extra $3k really just Marathon mark up?
Do you mean the CSAR? Most GSAR are on sale

Jesus, 2k, 3k for a watch? Wow. You guys are definitely in a higher tax bracket.
I guess it all depends on where you want to spend your “FU money”. I love watches, bourbon, and cigars… Other guys like to spend their money on guns, guns, and bigger guns. At the end of the day we all have our vices.

Jesus, 2k, 3k for a watch? Wow. You guys are definitely in a higher tax bracket.
We are just pervs for nice chronometers.
the Citizen SkyHawk AT I have on now. I think runs around $700 new. I got it for little more than a hundred in 2020.
I am not even in a tax bracket. Just in a unique position, called not giving a shit. About how I spend my hard earned disability dinero.
I also do quite a little bit of philanthropic work for those in need. So I dont feel bad if I am broke as a joke. When I am 2 weeks into the month. Lol

I keep going back and forth on Omega vs. Marathon - a concern I have about Omega (and most Sport watches) is that even though they claim to be “glow in the dark” luminous, Marathon and Luminox are the only two I am aware of that are “treated” to a point where they always glow, regardless of light source.

I keep going back and forth on Omega vs. Marathon - a concern I have about Omega (and most Sport watches) is that even though they claim to be “glow in the dark” luminous, Marathon and Luminox are the only two I am aware of that are “treated” to a point where they always glow, regardless of light source.
It is the tritium ampoules (H3) that do all the work in the Marathon and Luminox. They have a relatively short half-life, ~15-20 years. However, it glows great for about the first ~10-12 years.

Back